turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

The IRS sent me a letter stating that they are reviewing my refund. is this an Audit? how long should it take on average?

Has anyone had any luck getting their money?  I filled in Feb and have had the same issues.  I still continue to get the same run around.  When I call I am on hold for an hour or more and then they hang up on me.

I would love to hear if y'all have received your refund yet.

AuntBoo45

The IRS sent me a letter stating that they are reviewing my refund. is this an Audit? how long should it take on average?

No I have not gotten mine either. I got 3 60 day reviews plus a 45 day review before they sent me a letter saying my wages weren’t reported and to send in wage verification. I did so on 9/17 and Still haven’t gotten anything. Still getting the run around.

Cmason012386
Returning Member

This exact situation happened to myself, sister and two other people I know.  As far as 2018 tax refunds go, if you are told you made a mistake, make sure you actually made a mistake. I'm not sure why the IRS is telling people this. I called to check on my refund, I was told my refund was delayed for up to another 60 days.... it is now November!! Almost tax season again! When I called last month I was told there was an error in my withholding, there in fact was not. I did not file an amendment and I recommend others dont either. Not without really checking there return over first. 

I filed February 2nd. It was accepted but never moved from there. I received a letter saying they were reviewing my information but they didn’t need any info at that time. I never heard another word from them until I called them October 18th and they told me I had been turned over to the Integrity dept. basically they were investigating me for fraud.  Turns out my past employer had not turned in my info. This was the same with other people from the same employer. The guy from the Integrity dept told me to fax in my last pay stub and w-2 and said it would be up to 6 weeks to get my refund released. I faxed it in on the 21 st of October. I never heard anything else from them. I called them back on December 18th and they said the only thing in my file was that they received the info on October 21st and nobody had touched it since then. She said she would put in a request to release my funds. And now I must wait until January 17th to see if they release it before I can try to get the taxpayers advocacy to take over. 

Still havent received last years tax returns, last called jan. 3. Ive spent over 6 hours on the phone with these clowns. They have been telling me 60 days since last april. What a bunch of b.s

@JerryRauch wrote:

Still havent received last years tax returns, last called jan. 3. Ive spent over 6 hours on the phone with these clowns. They have been telling me 60 days since last april. What a bunch of b.s

Contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area. See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Kayla870

If you don't like waiting on a refund and dealing with the IRS, have it setup to where you will only pay in what needs to be paid to avoid owing any taxes. Most people that get a refund are getting back more than they've ever paid in for their entire working life so you're basically complaining about something that really shouldn't probably be getting anyways.  

This whole thing is bull crap! We pay our taxes on time most of us anyways. So they need to get there acts together and pay us our refunds on time! Some of us count on that money.

Seriously. 😕

ehale0630

I see from reading a lot of the posts that many have been going through the same thing I am. I filed last year's in January and I still haven't received anything yet. It has been over a year now and they had me submit documents back in November for verification purposes. And as of today the only thing they are telling me is that they will mail a letter to me dated for January 11 2020 but if I don't receive it by march marc call back. Until then they can't help me or tell me anything.  This is such bull. We work hard for our money and the government does whatever they want with it taking their sweet time. Like we don't need it. Some of us depend on our refund to catch up on this we may have gotten behind on and are struggling

Kylan2014

I want to kno how because the only think that change is my address and I dnt carry all three of my kids this time 

What can I do now

angie625

After 6 months you can legally sue.  Going thru this now haven't even received letter yet.  Same credits as always but I have been victim of identity theft.  

Since february 7 they been sending the same letter over and over again i have already like 9 letter jaut for this month

And all of them is saying the same thing 

brimoyers

What was your outcome? I am dealing with this now :(

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies