turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I submitted my taxes on the 11 of January why is it still saying pending?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Your tax return has been sitting in the TurboTax servers waiting for the IRS to begin taking returns. The IRS does not start processing tax returns until Jan. 28. It will say pending until the IRS pulls your return from the TurboTax servers and either accepts or rejects it. You should get emails from TurboTax about the status a few days after Jan. 28.

View solution in original post

25 Replies

Your tax return has been sitting in the TurboTax servers waiting for the IRS to begin taking returns. The IRS does not start processing tax returns until Jan. 28. It will say pending until the IRS pulls your return from the TurboTax servers and either accepts or rejects it. You should get emails from TurboTax about the status a few days after Jan. 28.

My fellow co-worker used turbo tax as well and got a response back the next few days  why is that ?

The IRS pulled a few returns early to test their system. Your co-worker apparently had one of those test returns. The tax return will not actually get processed until after Jan. 28.
eld84

I’m still pending , filed on 1/11 too , I have ALWAYS been accepted early... I really think it’s a glitch,

Think so..????

See this IRS news release for the Jan. 28 start date: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-confirms-tax-filing-season-to-begin-january-28">https://www.irs.gov...>
Andeayarm

Same issue. Filed same exact date 1/11, but yet someone filed today and got accepted today. This response makes no sense.

The early returns are pulled randomly by the IRS. The date is was filed makes no difference when the IRS is just going in and pulling returns at random. There was one year in the past when early filed returns seemed to get lost and were processed many days later than ones filed on or after the official opening date. Hopefully that won't happen this year.
janicew67

My IRS  e-file was accepted by 1/18/2019 (I filed 1/4/2019) but my state taxes say pending even though my state accepted exiled returns from yesterday. Why?

Some states won't open to start processing efiled returns until the IRS also officially opens, which is today.  And they may have a backlog at first.

I put in my correct social and total amount due back along with my correct filling status. Why is it saying I have I may have not entered my information correctly

@daquarius123
Put it into what???  Are you referring to the IRS "Where's My Refund?" tool?    That tool will only work AFTER your return has been accepted, and it may take up to 24 hours after it's accepted.   If your return has not been accepted, you shouldn't be using it.

If your Federal return has been accepted, then be sure you are entering only the Federal refund amount, and do not include any state amount.   Look at your return to see what is showing for the Federal refund.
If you filed a Form 1040, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 20a.  Verify you are entering that amount.

If you paid any fees out of your Federal refund, be sure you are using the Federal refund BEFORE the fees are subtracted.    Use the original amount shown on the return.

yes i am using wheres my refund. one say total 2018 tax refund and give me a number and the other says federal file pending with a number also then it says state file pending. do i put in the total 2018 tax refund number or the federal file number. but at the top of the screen it does say way to you filed your 2018 taxes. please help bc im confused  

@daquarius123 bro you're confused?  I'm pretty sure you have ALL  of us confused by your grammar lol like bro maybe if you wrote into complete sentences we would be able to help you out a bit more..  You have to explain yourself better on these forums
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies