turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rr_cruz12
Returning Member

I amend my 2017 n 2016 i already receive my 2017 refund check. now i receive letter for my 2016 they say they need to process all my info. why 2017 no problem but 2016

why they need to process all my info on my 2016 amend. but on my 2017 i dont receive any letter i just receive a refund check

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

I amend my 2017 n 2016 i already receive my 2017 refund check. now i receive letter for my 2016 they say they need to process all my info. why 2017 no problem but 2016

The IRS has certain conditions that will automatically cause an amended return to be looked at by human eyes.  One of your returns may have triggered one of these conditions, and the other one may not have. 

There's really nothing you can do but sit back and wait for the IRS to process your second amended return.  If they need more information, they'll contact you.  You can also call the number on the letter, but you probably won't hear anything other than "we're still looking at it."

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

The IRS has certain conditions that will automatically cause an amended return to be looked at by human eyes.  One of your returns may have triggered one of these conditions, and the other one may not have. 

There's really nothing you can do but sit back and wait for the IRS to process your second amended return.  If they need more information, they'll contact you.  You can also call the number on the letter, but you probably won't hear anything other than "we're still looking at it."

This happens sometimes ... I had a client who had an NOL to carry back and we sent 3 amended returns ... 2 processed immediately with no issue and the last one required extra correspondence for info that was already on the other returns that had been processed.  No rhyme or reason sometimes ... probably processed by different people instead of all 3 by one who would see the entire picture ... even sent them all in together in individual envelopes in the one larger envelope and even marked on them process this one first , second, third ... still didn't help.
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies