turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got an e-mail from TurboTax that says the 1040x form to amend is ready and available, but when I click on the link it still says that there is a nationwide delay. Why??

TurboTax said the 1040x would be available on 2/8/19 and then again on 3/7/19. Today is 3/7/19 and I got the email that says the form is ready and that I can amend. I clicked on the link and it takes me back to the same thing that says there is a nationwide delay and that I can't amend my return yet. Why is it doing this? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I got an e-mail from TurboTax that says the 1040x form to amend is ready and available, but when I click on the link it still says that there is a nationwide delay. Why??

It was released in the CD/download product update so I would guess it will be available online later today or tonight. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies

I’m dealing with the same thing. I need this done by this Monday, so I’m sort of freaking out.
garyc1953

I am dealing with the same issue as well and have put in a ticket and spoken to a rep who says it may not really be ready until tomorrow. I am calling back tomorrow if it’s not ready in the hopes of escalating the issue further. Very distressing. I will say the customer service rep tried everything she could and was very friendly and professional. Thank you Darcy. I hope for better luck tomorrow.
dawnc0220

Same here

Same - got the email that it was ready and it's still not - very frustrating.  I'm ok waiting but I don't like that it says it's ready and it's not.
elnunez

Same here.  I've had this happen for four different sections of Turbo Tax.  All four times I received an email stating:  "Thanks for signing up!  We’ll email you the moment we have an update on the forms we need to finish up your taxes.  In the meantime, congratulations on getting such a great head start.  Happy filing."  So far, I have received nothing, and I AM NOT HAPPY.  This may be the last year I will use TurboTax (after using it for over 25 years).  

The form 1040X has been available since the afternoon of 3/7/19.

The form is up but it still says that there is a nationwide delay for that deduction.

Its available, try using a computer instead of a cellphone.

It was released in the CD/download product update so I would guess it will be available online later today or tonight. 

Has it been made available online? I've been searching and cannot find it. Please include a link!

If you log off and log back on, it should ask you if you want to amend your return.
See this for instructions: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed"...>
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies