Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Instead of putting savings for direct deposit I put checking!! Help! I am supposed to get dd on March 2,2016

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Instead of putting savings for direct deposit I put checking!! Help! I am supposed to get dd on March 2,2016

Was the account number and routing number correct for the savings account, and you just marked the checking box? If so, it may go to the correct account.

Once your return has been accepted, there is no way to change your account for direct deposit.

If the banking account and routing numbers are incorrect, the bank will just send it back to IRS, and you will receive a paper check.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302459

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

8 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Was the account number and routing number correct for the savings account, and you just marked the checking box? If so, it may go to the correct account.

Once your return has been accepted, there is no way to change your account for direct deposit.

If the banking account and routing numbers are incorrect, the bank will just send it back to IRS, and you will receive a paper check.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302459

Yes the account number and routing number are correct but are for my savings account. But as I said I checked checking instead of savings on my returns. Will they send it back to the bank you (turbo tax) deals with since I had my fees taken out of my refund? Or will it be sent to the IRS as you said
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

The account number, bank routing number and your personal info (your name must match the return) are the most important data. It's unlikely, your bank will  bounce it back to the IRS because you didn't select the correct type of account. When you use Refund Processing, the refund goes to the 3rd party bank 1st, then on to your bank account. So if your bank sends it anywhere, it would be back  to the IRS. Your bank will be able to confirm if they send it back to IRS.

This happened to me and my bank rejected it.

Have you contacted your bank and/or sbtpg? Ask your bank if they'll put it on your savings. Sometimes off you call sbtpg they can help. I would def call them today. Good luck!

I called my bank yesterday to check if they had received it. They told me they did but had to reject it. Do you think it's too late to call sbtpg? Thanks!!

No probably not too late for sbtpg. Try first thing in the morning though!
mesha663
Returning Member

@PaulaM i did the samething and my account numbers are correct just clicked Checking i called BofA and they said i shoukd still get my refund as long as the account numbersc are correct .

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies