Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

shorty572

I received a LTR 4883C letter from the IRS, and now after proving my identity, my refund according to the IRS, is going to be delayed by 9 weeks. What the heck?

I to received the same letter today. and was also told to wait 9 weeks. I have been doing my taxes with turbo tax for well over 6  years and never had  to go through this.  Good luck everyone.

I received a LTR 4883C letter from the IRS, and now after proving my identity, my refund according to the IRS, is going to be delayed by 9 weeks. What the heck?

Me and my mom got the same letter and my mom had to make an appointment a our local tax office to verify her identity in person. It's very frustrating cause we were gonna use our taxes to pay closing cost on our new home that we just purchased and now we are kinda screwed.

That's really messed up. They might help you in regards to dealing with the Feds, but I highly doubt TT is gonna get you your refund any faster. I'm sorry to be on the negative side, but from what I see, the only option you might have is demanding a full refund from TT. That's what I would do. Good luck. I hope things turn in your favor.
tlmcmm

Same thing happened to me !!!  Never using turbo tax again

Same thing with me as well!!! just got my letter today; sucks!!!

I think that's what they have to say, regarding the IRS telling you it could take 9 weeks. I've been in this situation one time and received my DD 6 days after finding out about the 9 week wait. Cross your fingers!!!
ernin1982

@5Rings Good to know! I verified yesterday (2/20) and I'm way anxious.
jbell1031

I verified 2/17 I hope it comes before 9 weeks has anyone else gotten there's yet?

I filed my taxes in May and finally outreached to the IRS in early July. They stated that a letter had been mailed to me. I never received it. They resent the letter that took 14 days to get .Finally I called to verify my identity and when he was going to have the system ask me questions the it failed because I had received the wrong letter. I’m sooo annoyed. Now I have to wait 14 more days. And from what I read additional 9 weeks. What kind of questions do they ask? Can some one tell me?

How long did it take to get your refund

Frfr

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies