turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jenjg

PATH Act amend 2015

I think it should be done before I do 2016 with you or information coming forward from your memory data would not have it.  Also do you do that for your clients?  Both Fed and State?  Following the formula indicates we would get back a pretty fair sum.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

PATH Act amend 2015

PATH Act does not affect 2015 returns.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jenjg

PATH Act amend 2015

The Oxford Communique attorney disagrees with you the bill signed Dec 2015 gives you 24 to 36 months to amend your 2015 filing so paid sales tax can be deducted in that tax year. The IRS has a site to calculate the additional refund and ours shows $1,900.00. My question is still can we hire Turbo Tax to prepare the amended return. Some research is needed here by your company. I prefer to stay with you as a client so I am asking to continue to hire your firm.

PATH Act amend 2015

That has nothing to do with the EIC and ACTC provisions of the PATH Act. The Sales tax deduction has been in effect for many years, and has always been included in the TT program.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.snopes.com/consumer-rebate-program/">http://www.snopes.com/consumer-rebate-program/</a>

PATH Act amend 2015

PATH Act amend 2015

"continue to hire your firm."  TT is not a CPA firm. It is a computer program. A $1900 refund would be very large for just adding a sales tax itermized deduction.

PATH Act amend 2015

As SweetieJean said above, the sales tax deduction was in TurboTax last year. (Her earlier answer was about the current delay in EITC/ACTC refunds, imposed by the same PATH Act that made the sales tax deduction permanent.) You *can* use TurboTax to amend your 2015 return if necessary, but more than likely *IF* you qualify you already claimed it. (And given all the caveats for the sales tax deduction, I seriously doubt most people would get a $1,900 refund.)

PATH Act amend 2015

PATH Act does not affect 2015 returns.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies