turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If tax is offset. I still get refund after they get the payment Will the rest of my refund still go direct deposit and will it take longer to get remainder of my refund

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

If tax is offset. I still get refund after they get the payment Will the rest of my refund still go direct deposit and will it take longer to get remainder of my refund

It may take an additional day or two, but the remainder can still go direct deposit.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

It may take an additional day or two, but the remainder can still go direct deposit.

Thank you
afscott01

I went through the offset program last year. For me... It did take a little longer to get the balance of my refund... I received a paper check, in the mail, with a break down, as to who funds were given to and the amount.

Thank you

I just have 1 offset. So hopefully it doesn't take to long
luv2rdnrm

The remaining amount of refund should be paid by direct deposit if that is what you have chosen. It may delay the refund but from personal experience it's not much of a delay unless there are other issues.

Thank you
Yeldon2

The irs is going to take the offset money out on February 26 2020 will i get the rest of my money deposit in my account the same day

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@Yeldon Please see the following information concerning when you can expect to receive your refund if you expect an offset: https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc203

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Chadl

That's what I'm wondering as well. My offsets will be paid tomorrow 2-26-20 its says I was approved for direct deposit. It also gave me a date of 3-2-20 last year they sent a paper check it took me 8 weeks to get my refund back. Let me know if you get yours direct deposited after your offset please.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies