turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tdfrost07

Taxes accepted April 12th and I owed. Left off my Morgage interested paid so on April 15 I amended via TurboTax and showing as “Amending”. How long till shows accepted?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Taxes accepted April 12th and I owed. Left off my Morgage interested paid so on April 15 I amended via TurboTax and showing as “Amending”. How long till shows accepted?

You can complete (prepare) the amendment online, but you cannot e-file it.  All federal amendments have to be mailed. 

You can only e-file an amended state return for the states of NY or VT.  All other amended state returns must be mailed to your state.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Amended returns can only be printed and mailed in. Is that what you did?
tdfrost07

Turbotax has a link to amend the 2018 taxes and states I can mail or complete online. So I selected online.
tdfrost07

I apologize. I went back through it and it obviously states I have to mail the form. They just electronically prepared it for me!!! Thank you for stressing that to me. Made me go back and now I will get this mailed off!!!
tdfrost07

I apologize. I went back through it and it obviously states I have to mail the form. They just electronically prepared it for me!!! Thank you for stressing that to me. Made me go back and now I will get this mailed off!!!
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

You can complete (prepare) the amendment online, but you cannot e-file it.  All federal amendments have to be mailed. 

You can only e-file an amended state return for the states of NY or VT.  All other amended state returns must be mailed to your state.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies