Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year 2020: Will our stimulus check load on our turbo tax card?

For people that updated their info with TT card we are getting emails with our amount from Greendot.

I've viewed the IRS "Get my Payment," it's stating that a payment was sent to my account ending in 9546 and to be deposited on 4/22/20.

It also stated that if I have not received any funds to contact my bank...

Can I get some light shined on this issue?

I am assuming you didnt get the deposit. 

Do you still have that card? 

I put in my DD info on the 15th, but IRS payment tool still says I will have a check mailed 24th???

I recieved a notification about deposit being processed but no email is there another way I can check? 

The only people getting emails are the ones that updated their DD info with their TT card. We are getting emails from Greendot. If you used another card, or bank account you are not going to get the same email and notifications that we are getting.

I just got confirmation that mine is coming on the 30th to my TT Card. 

I received the email from Green Dot with our deposit this morning (for the 30th)...but it's exactly half of what we should be receiving. At a loss, the ONLY debt either of us have are I have defaulted student loans, which to my understanding can't be taken. We received our full refund this and every year, as my wife files an 8379 (injured spouse). And it's definitely exactly 1/2; the deposit is for $1450, our deposit should be $2900 (Married + 2 kids). And yes, we filed jointly. Oh well; I guess I'll get a letter explaining, and not going to "complain" about almost $1500 in free money. Just very odd. 

@Patrick73  Where did you get the information that school loans couldn’t be attached?   From everything the government has stated, they can.    We are not receiving the $500 for our daughter despite her being claimed on our taxes, she turned 18 in December.   

@angieb270 

Literally every media release has stated that the only thing the stimulus would be garnished for is child support, unless a state allows a bank to take money owed/other debtors in that state. All of those articles have specifically stated they won't be taking it for student loan debt. 

Married 2 kids should be $3400 I thought?  $2400 plus $500 a kid?

@Katbrink22 

You're correct, it's 1 kid (as far as the stimulus is concerned), sorry. We had 2 on our taxes, but one is 17 and wasn't allowed for the purposes of this credit. Good catch. 

@angieb270 

Yeah, I checked again; there are literally hundreds of articles that state they didn't take for that. I tried linking one, but the filters didn't like it lol. 

Exactly 1/2 of the anticipated $2900. 😐

turbo.png

I am getting worried now because I entered my Turbo Card info and got the 30th as a deposit date but I haven't received any email or text to say its pending.  Any thoughts?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies