I filed on january 23 2020 and still havent got my refund but they charged me 80 dollars to use turbo tax so were is my refund at?
The IRS issues refunds, not TurboTax. This means that we can't say for sure why you haven’t received your refund as of yet. For more information regarding the delay in your refund, you'll have to speak directly to IRS to find out more about the delay as they are the only ones with the ability to check your information. You can reach them at 800-829-1040. When calling, be sure to have the following:
- Your Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Your filing status (Single, Head of Household, Married Filing Joint, or Married Filing Separate)
- Your prior-year tax return (they may ask you questions from it to verify your identity)
- A copy of the tax return you’re calling about
- Any letters they may have sent you
- Paper and pen to take notes—make sure to write down the day you called and the name and ID number of the agent you spoke to, as well as any instructions or deadlines you were given.
Please note: It may take over an hour to get your call answered as the IRS lines are busy as well as operating with limited staff at this time.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Only the IRS controls when and if a tax refund is Approved and Sent.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 2 and then 4 …
It should then transfer you to an agent.
Or you can contact your local IRS office. See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or call 1-844-545-5640 to set up an appointment
Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area. See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate