Suspending My Intuit Account

dexman335

Suspending My Intuit Account

Last year our family members had an accountant prepare & file our tax returns. It looks like we will be utilizing the accountant's services again.

Earlier today, I received an Email advising that the Turbo Tax software for 2020 will be send along and my credit card charged $100 + tax.

At this point, I do not wish to receive the 2020 software, but, I do not want to close out my TurboTax account either. 

Is there a simple way to stop from receiving the 2020 tax software, stop from having my credit card charged, but keep everything intact?

Suspending My Intuit Account

If you do not want to have the 2020 desktop software automatically sent to you, then you will have to cancel your Advantage subscription.  You can always start the subscription again at any time you wish to do so.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for canceling the Advantage subscription - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-cancel-my-turbotax-advantage-subscriptio...

dexman335

Suspending My Intuit Account

Hello DoninGA,

Thank you for the reply. The link included in the reply is broken, so, I would need to see a step-by-step procedure for cancelling my subscription.

I just want to make sure that nothing would happen to the returns that were completed in prior years, or that I can still reload purchased software should the need arise for me to either change or do a hard wipe and reload of my computer.

Suspending My Intuit Account

@dexman335 Here is the TurboTax support help FAQ for canceling an Advantage subscription -

How do I cancel my TurboTax Advantage subscription?

To cancel your subscription, simply remove all products in your TurboTax Advantage account:

1. Sign in to TurboTax Advantage.
  2. Select TurboTax Advantage on the right side of your screen.
    • If you only see Sign up now, your subscription is already canceled or you're in the wrong account. Use our Account Recovery tool to get a list of all your TurboTax accounts, then sign in under the right account.
  3. Select Remove product under each product listed
  4. Once all products have been removed, you'll see the Sign up now button. This means your subscription has been canceled.

Tip: If you missed the cancelation deadline for this year's TurboTax product, simply wait until you receive your CD or download, then submit an online refund request within 60 days of receiving your product.

How do I re-enroll?

To re-enroll, sign in with your existing login and select Sign up now. Do this by November 4 if you want to pre-order the 2020 tax year product.

After November 4, only 2021 tax year products are available for pre-order in TurboTax Advantage. The 2020 version will be available for purchase at TurboTax.com.