Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Still waiting for my tax refund 7 weeks after I have filed.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

43 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends. 

The IRS issues a lot of refunds within 21 days, but it could take longer. 

IRS processing time and refund status 

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

Also, be aware, the IRS operations are limited during the Covid-19 pandemic.  Attached is a link with more information as to what departments are available to contact at the moment.

IRS operations

Please see the attached for more specific information as it applies to your particular state. 

How to track my refund 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm not the only one I know who is waiting this long. I understand how to track my refund, etc.  I am just wondering if others are having the same issue. 

I’m having the same issue. Got accepted on 2/10/2020 and it still says still processing. This has never happened to me before, and i don’t understand how i got my stimulus check before my refund when all my banking is the same 

Me too!  I have a friend who filed hers on Jan 31 - crickets = nothing from the IRS.  It's just a relief to know there are others out there too, but frustrating that there is no news about it. 

Nope you’re not alone girl lol. I just don’t understand what’s going on and with everything that’s goin on you can’t even call and talk to a live person. It’s frustrating but i have been patient im praying that things work out for the both of us

Mine was accepted on 3/9/20 and it's still being processed. Haven't received a letter or phone call. Can't reach anyone at IRS. 

This was my first time filing in 2019. 2018 and years prior, I was a dependent while attending college. Unfortunately, I haven't received a stimulus check, because I'm still waiting for my 2019 tax return to be approved since 3/9/20.

Im right with you on that one .it’s been almost 8 weeks for me also . Of course no stimulus money either .. so frustrating 

See same here , my taxes still processing and I filed on 2/5    So not a word since n no stimulus .

maybe we will all get luck n get it all at one time lol.  Wishful thinking I guess 

See same here , my taxes still processing and I filed on 2/5    So not a word since n no stimulus .

maybe we will all get lucky n get it all at one time lol.  Wishful thinking I guess 

Cashidyy

Any update from y’all??? I filed/was accepted in z4/8 so it’s 7 weeks for me.  Have y’all gotten your refunds yet??

Yes mine finally posted around may 12th they told me it was being processed on may 7th but i finally got it. Praying for the same outcome for you 

sippeyma

I filed my taxes ELECTRONICALLY on April 17.  It's now June 4.  Seems like a LONG time!?  Says it's still being processed.  So annoyed.  

Cashidyy

April 8, eFile here. Still processing. Looks like its going to take 3 months based on some people's comments. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies