Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Still waiting for IRS to accept my return $600 stimulus claimed

I filed my taxes and both of my kids taxes everyone's was accepted but my one son his was filed first. The only difference is his claimed the $600 stimulus that he did not received . Could this be holding up the IRS accepting his return .. It was submitted on 2/3/21.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Possibly. But, if you claimed him as a dependent on your own return, he would not qualify to receive the second stimulus.

Since the IRS did not begin accepting returns until Friday, February 12, 2021, it may just be a few more days before his return is accepted.

If he submitted the return and later did receive the second stimulus check, his return will need to be amended(changed)

For more details, see: Questions and Answers about the Second Economic Impact Payment: Eligibility

No he was not a dependent . He filed his own return as single earning about $35000. 

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

The requirements to receive the stimulus would be met by someone filing single with less than $75,000 in income.

As long as the bank account information is correct and his social security number is correct, and there are no other limiting factors, it should be paid.

To check your payment status with the IRS, go to: Get My Payment Link

There are questions and answers on this page listed below the Get My Payment Link about how to get a missing payment. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies