Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I went on February 28,2018 to verify my identity. Why would it take 6-9 weeks to receive my refund?

Okay & once last question. When on the website do u remember what your tax topics number was while waiting on your status to change. Mines still saying Tax topic 152 meaning I need to do the verification. So not if I’m thinking too hard about it or what!

I went on February 28,2018 to verify my identity. Why would it take 6-9 weeks to receive my refund?

Idk about a tax topic that's why I kept calling instead to talk to somebody

Today is the date on my letter but no update on wmr. Fml

Call them now

Tax topic 152 simply meams you chose direct deposit

Actually, it means this:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc152">https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc152</a>
vickiicki

Filed 1-28... verified 3-9... 60 day review letter 4464c received 3-26... Called irs today and after a 40 min hold was told my 9 weeks is almost up but it don't matter cause my 60 day hold reset that clock. Call back close to the 60 day mark and see what's going on. And at that point the car will send a notice to irs asking them to contact me or release the funds. At that point I can be flagged for an additional review!!! Wtf fml how many times do they need to review it... It's only a few pgs. Just deny it already and let me start back over.
dre8330

I received a letter to verify my identity. I called last Tuesday 5-2-2018 to verify and it took less than 10 minutes and today I checked WMR, my bars are back and it shows a ddd for 5-9-2018. Don't give up. Your money's coming.

Still no chamge i filed 118 verified 319 got cpo5 letter saying they dont need anything will be complete by may 31st.
 Still waiting just ordered transcript again 5 7 18 if by the 15th no change im calling to complain

My letter said I would know by May3rd. I called and they said my 60 days wasn't up til the 17th. So still no change for me either :(

On the back my letter says by may 31st if i havent recieved a refund call back.call the number on your letter and tell them the date thats on your letter

I’m going thru the same exact thing I just identified myself Tuesday morning I’m praying that I receive it this week or next

I prayed for you as well!!!
miki

I filed January 19. Recieved the verification letter the end of February and did my verification on March 28 after being told i had to do the verification in person and have yet to see a processing date still says a date will be provided at a sooner time blah blah blah been almost a month since my verification. I’ve given up on even stressing about it anymore 

I've been checking my refund status. I had to verify my identity on May 25 and the 9 weeks was up on Friday July 26. It still says it's processing. Where can I go to find out more information? Thank you in advance.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies