turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Status

Why does it still show pending?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Status

Your tax returns will remain Pending until the IRS starts receiving tax returns. It may be several days after the IRS start date before your tax return gets accepted or rejected.

Go to this IRS website for the official start date - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

HaleyK1

Status

I am having the same problem, I filed January 13th 2020 (today is the 27th) and my status is still pending meanwhile people who have filed after me are getting accepted I'm starting to get concerned.

Status

@HaleyK1 wrote:

I am having the same problem, I filed January 13th 2020 (today is the 27th) and my status is still pending meanwhile people who have filed after me are getting accepted I'm starting to get concerned.

Only the IRS controls when and if a tax return is either accepted or rejected.  The IRS pulls tax returns from the various tax provider servers in batches over a period of days on and after the official start date of January 27.  And there is no first in-first out when the IRS pulls tax returns.

The IRS also pulls small batches of tax returns before the start date to test the IRS systems.  This occurs every tax year so that is why a few returns get accepted or rejected before the official start date.

HaleyK1

Status

Thank you. The waiting bit gives me anxiety, I've been doing a lot of online research that said the same thing but naysayers had me doubtful, saying I would started worrying a week ago and how there's got accepted the very next day .I guess we will just have to be patient! 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies