turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I owed $127,I paid it in full, and now the refund amount which is $205 is incorrect as if I didn’t pay it in full, now my refund if $78? Anyone else have this issue?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I owed $127,I paid it in full, and now the refund amount which is $205 is incorrect as if I didn’t pay it in full, now my refund if $78? Anyone else have this issue?

If you paid 127 and are getting a refund of 205, and your new refund is 78, that's correct.

-127 (paid) + 205 (new refund) = 78 (refund on 1040X).

Mathematically, that shows a 205 difference between what you owed and what you're getting back. 

Before I filed, I owed $127 and refund of $ 205 , I efiled, paid the due amount $127, and refund $205 , I logged into turbo tax 5-6 days later and says my new refund is $78 , but I already paid the $127 I owed , so my refund is supposed to be $205 not $78

I owed federal $127 and state has refund of $205

sorry, I didn't realize you were talking about two different returns, without looking at it, I can't say.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies