Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Since I already filed my two w2 forms and I just gotta my last on what today and I admended the taxes do I still get the money that I originally started with on time or

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmyW

Since I already filed my two w2 forms and I just gotta my last on what today and I admended the taxes do I still get the money that I originally started with on time or

If you filed a return with missing documents and it has already been accepted by the IRS, you will need to wait until the return has been processed and then file an amendment by mail.

If you need to submit an amended return, you will need to wait until the the first return has been processed. The forms will be available in mid-February along with specific instructions. Please see the information below to learn more. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AmyW

If you filed a return with missing documents and it has already been accepted by the IRS, you will need to wait until the return has been processed and then file an amendment by mail.

If you need to submit an amended return, you will need to wait until the the first return has been processed. The forms will be available in mid-February along with specific instructions. Please see the information below to learn more. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

So since it was already accepted and is now processing without the third w2 form I would still get my original refund I started with on time ?
AmyW

Yes, after you receive the refund you will want to proceed with amending the return. The amendment just cannot be filed until the software is available and it will need to be printed and mailed.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies