witchkingmt

Should I make a copy of my w2 to send to IRS?

I am filing by mail, I did taxes on turbotax and it said to attach copy b, what is copy b? I made a photocopy of my W2 is that what I should attach?

Kat

Your W-2 should contain several copies (same information) with different letters that identify them.  One of them should say, "Copy B to be filed with employee's federal tax return".  Look for that copy of your W-2 that was issued to you by your employer.  Separate that copy and attach to your mailed Form 1040.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Kat

It should say the copy # in the bottom left corner.  I think you can use any copy.