Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I want to cancel my account with the Turbo tax prepaid card account but I can't seem to figure out how.

Green Dot / Turbo Tax Card is set up (seemingly) to be impossible to cancel. I cannot get a live person on the phone, yet there is no automated option on the site/phone to cancel the card. I have been trying for a month.

I have also contacted Turbo Tax and requested help and all they do is give the automated number - so I have made Turbo Tax aware that this is a unacceptable - starting to look like unfair trade practice, aka SCAM - and if they do not act to rectify this (regardless of "Green Dot handles that") - the optics are they are complicit.

I urge anyone that is having this problem to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission:

https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc

I have been trying since March 2 to cancel - I am not a stupid or inept person - shouldn't be this complicated. Now I have a $4.95 charge and about to get another one... Yes it is only 5 bucks... But that is exactly what they are hoping we will all say. Ridiculous. I urge you to file a federal complaint (takes 2 minutes) and urge everyone you know having the similar problem to do so. 

I want to cancel my account with the Turbo tax prepaid card account but I can't seem to figure out how.

Green Dot / Turbo Tax Card is set up (seemingly) to be impossible to cancel. I cannot get a live person on the phone, yet there is no automated option on the site/phone to cancel the card. I have been trying for a month.

I have also contacted Turbo Tax and requested help and all they do is give the automated number - so I have made Turbo Tax aware that this is a unacceptable - starting to look like unfair trade practice, aka SCAM - and if they do not act to rectify this (regardless of "Green Dot handles that") - the optics are they are complicit.

I urge anyone that is having this problem to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission:

I have been trying since March 2 to cancel - I am not a stupid or inept person - shouldn't be this complicated. Now I have a $4.95 charge and about to get another one... Yes it is only 5 bucks... But that is exactly what they are hoping we will all say. Ridiculous. I urge you to file a federal complaint (takes 2 minutes) and urge everyone you know having the similar problem to do so. 

so there seems to be a reoccurring issue, 

I have file a claim with the FTC. 

I cannot even register the card on green dot bank, and close the account

I have gone on the app, the website and called the number. There is absolutely no way to cancel the card. And I'm getting charged monthly fees. I'm literally in tears right now!!

Has anyone gotten their stimulus payment on their turbo card yet?

go to the Federal Trade Commission and file a complaint - this is nonsense. There is no reason you should have to pay a dime. Also send an email to their customer support laying out that you are trying to cancel and they have made it impossible... onlinesupport at greendotcorp com

That doesn't help AT ALL. I just want to cancel the **bleep** account they have my information and I can't get a live person! 

I will try. Hope it works. This is rediculous. 

Compton3

I would like to cancel my turbo debit card

Anderson3

I want to cancel this card

Finally figured it out. I called the number for green dot and pressed the option for lost or stolen card and they eventually give you to a live person esp. If you give them the wrong adrress or birth date. Whew! What a relief!

Hi there!

I am in the same boat as everyone else trying to cancel their card and close their new-found greendot account. After weeks or trying, and speaking to both a turbo tax rep and green dot rep, it seems both companies are trying to point the blame at each other. When logged into the app, there is a “close my account” button that takes you to turbo tax prepaid card FAQ page. The faq states that users should spend the account down to $0 then call the number on the back of the card. (If you have an odd dollar amount on your card that cannot be withdrawn from an atm I recommend donating to an online charity, in order to get your account balance to zero.) After doing this, call the number on the back of the card and DO NOT enter your card information after listening to theautomated  COVID update. Instead, wait for the automated voice to stop talking and push “2” to speak to someone in the fraud department. I sat on hold for over an hour but was finally able to speak with someone. The woman I spoke to, Lynn, was able to “put an action in to have the account closed” and said this could take up to 30 days. She suggested that after 30 days, I try to log into my turbo card account via the app. If I’m unable to login, the action was accepted and my account was closed. She assured me that it would be closed but that if for any reason I’m able to login I should call back to follow up. I hope this helps. I will reply here after 30 days to keep you all in the loop. Sorry everyone is having to go through this! 
Sam

YasserE6

i don’t not want this card it is pointless to me and I already have depot card I don’t need this I justed needed it for my tax return and now it’s chagring me money 

read thru prior posts and it will help you cancel

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

For help with your pre-paid Visa card:

Call  (888) 285-4169

There is a “Help” link in the top corner of the web site for the card here.

@YasserE6

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies