Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SBTG

Hello I am trying to figure out what to do.  The irs released my refund on November 3rd and it was send to turbo tax. Then SBTG sent it to my bank and the bank returned the deposit as that account was now closed. The SBTG stated that sent me a check well i waited 27 days and did not receive a check. i called back multiple times and was told it was due to the holidays and the mail not running as well as normal. well i signed back on and it showed that they sent my refund back to the irs on 12/08/2023. I called and SBTG stated it would take 3 weeks for the irs to receive the refund back. i called the irs last week 1/03/2024 and they couldn't help as there system was still down for the new year updates. I was informed to call back today 1/11/2024 and was informed that since my refund shows it was deposited that the only thing they can do is start a trace of my refund but the best option was to call the SBTG when i called today their system did not recognize my SSN and i was not able to talk to anyone. I was wondering if anyone has any updates or any information that would be helpful to get me my refund. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

SBTG

First of all, no refunds are ever sent to TurboTax.  Your refund was sent to SBTG (a bank), where they deduct your TurboTax fees and deposit the rest to your bank.

If the bank account you designated for your direct deposit is closed,  your refund would be returned to the IRS and they would have to issue and mail you a paper check.

Once your return has been accepted by the IRS, TurboTax has no way of tracking your refund.  

You can try using the IRS 'Where's My Refund?' tool to track your refund, but by having a deposit go to a closed bank account, you have delayed getting your refund, probably by several weeks. 

At this point, you'll just have to be patient and check with the IRS periodically for updates.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

SBTG

As you now see.....NEVER EVER use your refund to pay for the tax software.

...always pay for it up front.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies