Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How long does it take to get refund after identity verification?

Just looked at WMR & was just updated will be receiving by 5/27 after 3 long months!

@alyssa11mando88 CONGRATULATIONS.! Enjoy.!!! 🙂
pauld421

Well called IRS today and was told that It was done and it had  To go to processing and it could take 9 weeks this is B.S today starts the 3 week  I verified on the 6th of May

I GOT A LETTER ON SATURDAY THEY NEEDS 60 MORE DAYS WHAT A CROCK

@seriously59 I’m so sorry to hear that. I hope it comes right on time for you.

I’m on my 6th week from verification with no updates  so I’m not sure when I’ll ever get them back I originally filed in February I’m just over it. :(
pauld421

The lady I talked to said I was done I just need to be put back in to processing and it can take 9 weeks but I have a offset that well take some of my refund

@tieraleonard that's how I was with the waiting. Until I called IRS and asked what's the wait. Came to find out I was under review. Like wow. But I'm hoping that's not the case for you. Cause like us all,we need our hard earned money. Decided not to wait anymore and got a TA who was a BIG help. She supposed to call in a few days.If she doesn't I'll call the Tax Advocate and get her info and just call her. But good good gooooood luck!

@seriously59 got dammit that's horrible! The IRS is really bullshit'en with our money. I wonder if they file their taxes would they wait like us. IRS is a real joke!

4REAL I WAS HEARTBROKEN THAT WAS THE DAY MY MONEY WAS DUE BUT I PRAY 4 THEM

Right! That's all we can at this point is pray. But at the same don't wait it out cause their just gonna keep sending it out until you fix the situation. Go to this site <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/contact-us">https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/contact-us</a>
Either call the "still need help" number or select a TA in your state on that website. If you haven't done so. Like the rest of us,you deserve your hard earned money that has been taken out your check by these slime balls.

@xmommyof3beautie thank you cuz I’m sholl gone use this info quick fast in a hurry

Welp. My Tax Advocate called me yesterday. I missed. So I decided to leave a voicemail. As I was waiting for her to return my calls either in a few minutes or days...weeks...or never. I was thinking to myself "ugh I might as well try and call her again Friday,if she doesn't return my call or pick up. I'll just have to have someone else on my case until I get someone who cares." Than PING! She calls me after 5 minutes of leaving a VM. Praying for better days.

What was your results if you don’t mind sharing

Got my wages wrong. So she told me to file admend. I've a lot of people say it only took 4-6 weeks (verses 16 weeks) for them to receive their refund with the help of a TA. I highly recommend a TA. I'm so ready for this crap to be over. Want to be able to sleep again. But goodluck!!!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies