turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kvgg4

I need to get 5 extracts and multiple implants, looking at using Clear Choice as seen on TV, they charge $50k, is that deductible

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I need to get 5 extracts and multiple implants, looking at using Clear Choice as seen on TV, they charge $50k, is that deductible

The cost of dental treatment, including extractions and implants, can be included in your medical expenses. Only unreimbursed medical expenses in excess of 10% of your AGI are deductible. (In TurboTax, enter the full amount that you paid, minus any insurance reimbursement. TurboTax will subtract 10% percent of your AGI.) In addition, medical expenses are an itemized deduction. They will not make any difference in your tax unless your total itemized deductions are more than your standard deduction.

Right, and any interest that you pay Clear Choice is not deductible.  Also be aware that Congress is currently considering major 2017 tax law changes, so watch the news.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies