turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How long does it take for the state return to come?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ModestaL

New York State processing times vary. However, if you believe your refund is taking longer than expected, you can contact New York State Tax Department refund status anytime at 1-518-457-5149 or, contact the Department of Taxation and Finance.

New York Department of Taxation states that" New York State reviews all 10 million income tax returns and uses award-winning technology to detect suspicious activity, including identity theft. However, our goal is to stop questionable refunds before they go out the door, not to delay your refund." 

Here’s a link to the New York State website where you can find out more information and check the status of your refund: https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/file/refund.htm

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ModestaL

State returns vary. What State do you live in?

New York. I got my federal return Feb. 27 and i haven’t gotten my state yet
ModestaL

@richardd.felicia see answer below for details.
ModestaL

New York State processing times vary. However, if you believe your refund is taking longer than expected, you can contact New York State Tax Department refund status anytime at 1-518-457-5149 or, contact the Department of Taxation and Finance.

New York Department of Taxation states that" New York State reviews all 10 million income tax returns and uses award-winning technology to detect suspicious activity, including identity theft. However, our goal is to stop questionable refunds before they go out the door, not to delay your refund." 

Here’s a link to the New York State website where you can find out more information and check the status of your refund: https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/file/refund.htm

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies