turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rejected 2019 return

2019 E file rejected completed 1040x  (both on turbo tax)  Line 19, 20 and 21a all positive #'s on both the orginal and the amended version.  However, Amended cover sheet Federal Return Summary now reads  "No Refund or Amount Due"  how can that be?  

Thinking it might have been rejected due to QBI and /or carryover issues how can I find out why orginally rejected electronically?   

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

rejected 2019 return

if your original return was rejected the IRS does not have it. you need to fix it and then try to e-file again.  if you need help post the complete rejection message and we may be able to help. certain issues can not be fixed and the return must be mailed in.  An amended return can not be e-filed and shouldn't be filed until the IRS receives and fully processes your original return - you receive your refund or the payment clears the funding source 

rejected 2019 return

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.  I do not have the TT email indicating the rejection is there someplace else I can search to see why it was rejected.  🙂 

rejected 2019 return

I believe this is the message 🙂  it reads:

(other income type) present in return "other income litCd" has the value of  "NOL" then (NOL carry forward deduction statement) must be attached to the corresponding "other income type statement". 

It also says resolution on 2/19 no action is currently necessary from the flier.

DOES THIS MEAN IT'S BEEN AUTOMATICALLY FIXED ?  IF SO, SHOULD I REFILE ELECTRONICALLY OR BY MAIL.  i.e i RUN THE REVIEW AND THERE NO ERRORS????? 

THANK  YOU IN ADVANCE FOR GETTING BACK TO ME.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies