toph1888

If both federal and state refunds were accepted but why can I not track my refund?

AngelLO

Refunds are usually processed within 21 days after acceptance.  After acceptance, but before processing, if you contact the IRS or try to access your refund status while your return is still pending, it may say "no record found." This is normal; until the IRS starts reviewing and processing your return, there will not be any record available.   

During processing, the IRS reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may adjust (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part is done, the IRS approves your refund, and it is ready to be deposited in your account or sent.

It can take up to 21 calendar days after acceptance for the IRS to issue your refund, although most refunds are quicker than that, some may take a bit longer.

AngelLO