Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

toph1888

If both federal and state refunds were accepted but why can I not track my refund?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AngelLO

If both federal and state refunds were accepted but why can I not track my refund?

Refunds are usually processed within 21 days after acceptance.  After acceptance, but before processing, if you contact the IRS or try to access your refund status while your return is still pending, it may say "no record found." This is normal; until the IRS starts reviewing and processing your return, there will not be any record available.   

During processing, the IRS reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may adjust (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part is done, the IRS approves your refund, and it is ready to be deposited in your account or sent.

It can take up to 21 calendar days after acceptance for the IRS to issue your refund, although most refunds are quicker than that, some may take a bit longer.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AngelLO

Refunds are usually processed within 21 days after acceptance.  After acceptance, but before processing, if you contact the IRS or try to access your refund status while your return is still pending, it may say "no record found." This is normal; until the IRS starts reviewing and processing your return, there will not be any record available.   

During processing, the IRS reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may adjust (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part is done, the IRS approves your refund, and it is ready to be deposited in your account or sent.

It can take up to 21 calendar days after acceptance for the IRS to issue your refund, although most refunds are quicker than that, some may take a bit longer.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies