turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Refund

recently got an update on where’s my refund & it says my return has been sent to my bank on the 9th of September. I was suppose to get it on a check mailed to my address. Now another thing, when I look back at my 2020 tax return I see in the direct deposit area that the account number does have my social security number in it , do you know anything about this ? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Refund

If your bank account has your social security number instead of your your account number, the bank will return the money to the IRS. The IRS will mail you a check to the address on your return.

Refund

If you see your account number on the form 1040 and it includes the SS# then you choose to use the Refund processing option where the TT fees are withheld from the federal refund along with the bank service charge for that process.   Once the IRS releases the refund it is sent to that third party processing bank  and released from there to either your bank or a debit card.  

SBTPG is Santa Barbara Tax Product Group where your refund is transferred if you used the Refund Processing Service (pay your TurboTax fees with your Federal Refund)

What is Refund Processing Service?

Follow the steps below to track your refund when using the Refund Processing Option:

Step 1 - Check with the IRS

Get the status of your Federal tax refund by visiting the IRS "Where's My Refund?" page. 

Check the status of your refund 

Step 2  - Check with TPG

Once you have confirmed that your refund has been released by the IRS and you have selected a Refund Transfer from Santa Barbara TPG you may check the status of your Refund Transfer by visiting our website. 

Check the status of your Refund Transfer

For more information, please see the link below:

TPG Santa Barbara Tax Product Group

Refund

Will that update on the where’s my refund status as well ? & do you have en estimate of how fast it comes in mail

Refund

What happens after the IRS sends the refund is not reflected back onto the IRS website ... info only travels one way.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies