mymauzzie1

Received a 1099G from my state (LA) with only box #1 filled in. It mentioned my 2015 tax return. Do I put it on my 2016 return or amend my 2015 state return?

Fern

This form is used to report a state income tax refund that you received in 2016. You should include it in your 2016 tax return.

Although the refund is from your 2015 tax return, you did not receive it until 2016.

• Select Federal Taxes
• Select Wages and Income
• Select Show More Other Common Income
• Select Start or Revisit next to Refunds Received for State/Local Tax Return
• Respond Yes to Did You Get a State or Local Refund Last Year

Fern

• Select Federal Taxes
• Select Wages and Income
• Select Show More Other Common Income