Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pj12454

Yes I filed my income tax on January 29 and I still have not heard anything or received my refund. Can you shed any light on this???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Doc5108

Yes I filed my income tax on January 29 and I still have not heard anything or received my refund. Can you shed any light on this???

First Check Your E-File Status on this TurboTax page Filing status
https://turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp
- It will show the date you transmitted your return and if it was accepted or rejected.
- Both your Federal and State will be listed separately if you filed both.
- It will tell you when you E-filed
- The electronic filing date

I assume you have checked the IRS website Where's My Refund site, but I'll included it anyway.

IRS Where’s My Refund
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

Track your Federal Tax Refund status
https://sa2.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irfofgetstatus.jsp

It has been over 21 days so you could call the IRS, but Well getting through to a live agent at that 800 # can be frustrating, so maybe this will be useful.

You should only call if it has been:
21 days or more since you filed electronically;
More than 6 weeks since you mailed your paper return; or
The Where’s My Refund? tool directs you to contact us.

Call IRS: 1-800-829-1040  Their Hours are 7am to 7pm local time Monday-Friday
Sequence of #’s to press: 2, 1, 4, 2 see more details below.
1.) Do Not select the 1st choice Refund - that sends you to their Automated phone line
2.) Select your language
3.) Select option 2 (Personal Income Tax)
4.) Select 1 for (Tax History - Payment)
5.) Select 4 (Other Questions)
6.) Select 2 (All Other Questions)
7.) That should get you to an IRS agent

TurboTax FAQ How do I check my e-file status?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908859-how-do-i-check-my-e-file-status

Hope that helps.

This is crazy

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Barbfuciu56 

Unfortunately, many people are experiencing this long delay for their tax returns.

The IRS started processing returns later than in prior years and as such has a backlog to work through. They also just recently started processing returns claiming EIC and/or ACTC.

During processing, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.  At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date.

Please see the link below for more information:

What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days? - TurboTax Support Video

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

To me I will never go on a site on line

I recieved  my stimulus  check but  not my 

Tax check I guess I made a mistake should of. Went to a tax account had a few W-2's

Am a Nurse..

DawnC
Expert Alumni

In order to check the status of your tax return, you will need to visit the IRS website.  If you would like to check the status, see below.  

Sign in to TurboTax to check your current status. You'll find it in Tax Home after sign in.

If you've got an Alexa device, you can enable it to check for you.

If you used TurboTax CD/Download you can check your e-file status by opening the File menu and selecting Check E-filing status or by opening your return, selecting the File tab, and selecting the Check E-file Status header.

Keep in mind:

• E-filing status is what stage of the process your return is in.
  • Refund status is when you can expect your refund. If that’s what you’re interested in, go to Where's My Refund?   <<<   IRS website - you can check your tax return here no matter where you filed it.  
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies