Alexa can help you check your refund status. You can ask questions like, “How much was my refund?”, “When will my refund be in my bank account?”, or “What is the status of my return?”
Remember to start every question with, “Alexa, ask TurboTax…”
- Your TurboTax User ID and Password
- A personal four-digit key (Alexa will give you ten minutes to create one)
What to do:
- Open your Alexa app.
- In the Skills section, search for TurboTax.
- Select Enable.
- At the log-in page, enter your TurboTax User ID and Password.
- Say: “Alexa, talk to TurboTax.”
- You'll be asked to set up a personal four-digit key.
- When prompted, say: “Set my personal key to [your four-digit number].”
Will my TurboTax login and password be shared with Amazon?
Can someone else access my information?
We ask for a personal key to keep your information private. However, if you share your personal key with anyone, they will be able to access your account. Don’t forget that someone might overhear Alexa’s responses to your questions.
To reset your personal key, first disable the TurboTax Skill. Next, re-enable the skill and go through the account linking process again. Once you successfully do that, you'll have ten minutes to set up your personal key.
Open your Alexa app and delete the TurboTax Skill.