turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Would the IRS have sent my stimulus check to Turbo Tax?

My check was deposited into an account that is unknown to me.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

TT does not receive tax refunds or stimulus checks.  Which stimulus payment do you mean, #1, #2 or #3?

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Banking information is received in a number of ways:

• Your bank account information is obtained from the most recently filed tax return or information entered in Get My Payment. You cannot change your account information.
  • If you haven't filed a 2020 or 2019 tax return and you received SSA, RRB, SSI, or VA benefits, you will receive the third payment as a direct deposit, on your Direct Express Card, or by mail, just as you would normally receive your benefits.

When there is no banking information available, before issuing a U.S Treasury check or EIP Card, Treasury's Bureau of Fiscal Service has provided IRS account information from agencies issuing benefit payments including the Office of Personnel Management, Railroad Retirement Board, Social Security Administration, Thrift Savings Plan, and Department of Veterans Affairs. The banking information can be either where a U.S. Government payment was sent or an account where an individual paid the U.S. Government.

This information is for the 3rd stimulus payment and more information can be found here.   Direct deposit information for a tax refund comes from your Form 1040.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies