turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will we get our stimulis check on our turbo card?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

42 Replies

Nobody knows for sure yet.  For more information regarding this as well as a stimulus update refer to the source provided below.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

Collenalacher
Returning Member

Will I get my stimulis check on my turbo card

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Collenalacher 
We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It went to a DD routing and account number on the Turbo card so how will they know the difference? That’s technically my direct deposit. People and Tax consultants included are taking the new updated information the wrong way 

It specifically states 

I paid for tax preparation using Santa Barbara TPG this tax season. How will I receive my Economic Impact Payment?

The direct reply under the statement is that if you recurved DD then it will go to you the same way. Your Turbo card had a DD on your form so it should go there

How is that so when my direct deposit information is exactly the same that is posted on my return 

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

i filed online and got my turbo card where i recieved my tax return am i getting my stimiulus check on the same card?

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

It is still to be determined if the deposit will go through the third party processing bank. We are currently working with the IRS to determine how the stimulus payments will be issued. We will update this page when more information is available:

CARES Act - Stimulus Payment Information - Santa Barbara Tax Products Group

If the IRS does not use the TurboTax card, please see the information below the IRS has posted:

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Please see the information from the IRS below, regarding the stimulus checks:

Economic impact payments: What you need to know

Please check for updates here: Coronavirus Tax Relief

I’ve got my 2018 on turbo card and then used the same card for my DD for 2019 why would it not go on that? Your link says nothing about the turbo card 

Tight I agree Turbo tax is not telling us anything I got my 2018 taxes then used that same card for my 2019? It’s my bank my DD 

MayaD
Expert Alumni

"We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates"

CarissaM might just be in the wrong field. Does TT know you’re misinformed?

I find it so hard to believe that TurboTax can't figure out a way to go around this and make it possible for people to get their stimulus checks on the prepaid cards if that is the way they got their refunds. If people like myself have to wait on a paper check then you will have several dissatisfied customers on your hands and they probably will not use your services again. Jackson Hewitt and H&R Block are giving their customers straight forward answers and having no trouble at all. I have used TurboTax since I filed taxes for the very first time after getting my first job. There is usually a reason people have their taxes put on those cards, think about it! Do something, fix this. I'm so disappointed in TT right now. You have done nothing but repeat yourself throughout this thread and ask for a thumbs up? Please get it together! 

Your right on it is a bank account through green dot it’s fdic insured like any other bank this makes no sense to me! I do have a bank account but use the turbo card cause I’m in FL when my taxes come so I want to spend them. I do not have debit thru my bank it’s my savings 😡😡 I can fix if the IRS ever gets that part up and running, but my son has no bank acct except for this turbo one 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies