Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year 2020: Will our stimulus check load on our turbo tax card?

@Djhowell1984  - I am likewise referring to the Turbo card - I even referenced it in my comment.  

I had also gotten that message for a couple days then that's when I got the message saying it was going to b mailed to me in paper form.

Mine still said it was sent to intuit, green dot, like many others, the 15th. 

@Buchanan09 

Honestly, I'd have been satisfied with a paper check sent out Friday at this point. The only reason I put my DD information in was most reports were saying it could be several weeks (or even months) before a paper check was sent out. I'd have rather had that paper check in hand next week rather than still be waiting to even receive a direct deposit date, as things stand now. 

The IRS sent the first direct deposits on Monday, April 13th to everyone that filed 2018 and 2019 tax returns with direct deposit information included.
Two days later, on Wednesday, April 15th, the IRS opened the Get My Payment portal to allow those same taxpayers the opportunity to update their direct deposit information. OOPS! They should not have let any of those who had stimulus funds already sent to them update their information.
In the meantime, an unknown number of stimulus payments were rejected for various reasons and returned to the IRS.
Some of these rejected returns belonged to some of the taxpayers who had managed to update their direct deposit information even though their initial direct deposit had already been sent out. Updating bank information AFTER a payment has already been scheduled should not have been possible.
THIS is the "glitch" in the Get My Payment portal that you are hearing about so much. Those who happened to be able to update direct deposit information SHOULD NOT have been able to do so.
So just because you did update the information, the timing of the start of the stimulus payments being sent before the opening of the Get My Payment portal means that your update was invalid IF you were included in the initial wave of stimulus payments.
The reason why is because the first wave of stimulus payments never had an initial delivery date scheduled in the portal because the portal did not exist when they were sent. The initial status that users saw when logging in to the portal for the first time never showed that their payment had already been sent, so you were able to update direct deposit information when you shouldn't have been able to.
Only after being rejected and sent back to the IRS, which was also AFTER the Get My Payment portal opened, were those stimulus payments processed through the Get My Payment portal as rejected stimulus funds (for whatever reason) and then repopulated to be included for delivery by check to the address on file with the IRS. This is when the Get My Payment portal updated your status to show your delivery date of a paper check by mail. This is inline with the IRS posted policy that all stimulus payments returned to the IRS will be processed by mail. They do this as a security measure to prevent funds from trying to go into an account or to a bank that had already rejected the money once.
The same thing will happen going forward in the next waves of deposits to anyone who has their stimulus payment returned to the IRS. The IRS will continue to process returned stimulus payments by mail if they are rejected by the banks or the account is closed, etc.
If you initially had a direct deposit date, and now you have a delivery date for a scheduled check then, unless the IRS announces that they are changing their policy of not resubmitting rejected stimulus payments for direct deposit again, you should fully expect to receive a paper check that will be mailed to the address that the IRS has on file for you, on the scheduled day you see in the Get My Payment portal.

@Patrick73 yeah at least those people that put their drink deposit info in and then the next day it said they will have a check mailed out on the 24th know that that day they'll have a check mailed out I keep checking every day and it says when they have a date they will let me know not knowing sucks like I said at least they know when there's is getting sent out and when they'll have it

my mom, brother, and his gf live in arkansas, i live in texas, and they already got there checks today, all 3 were DATED for the 24th, so they cant even cash them until the 24th, wtf is up with this date, the 24th, supposed to be shipped 24th is what my irs portal says, i dont have mine yet, went w TT fees taken out

@iamgaiden 

The only problem I have with all of that is that there were people whose status on the "Get My Payment" site on the first day it was open - Wednesday - told them immediately that a deposit had been made on the 15th. Quite a few posted those screenshots here that day. Most of those same people also don't have their money at this point  - same as the rest of us - so that part checks out, but if all of that that you posted were correct - that there "was no deposit date for the first wave" - why would those people have gotten a date of the 15th when they checked the system ON the 15th? A few of those same people are still posting here in various threads. 

Not doubting the general premise - it actually makes a lot of sense - but there seem to be some logic gaps too.

@iamgaiden what did their status say on the IRS site? Did it say they were getting a mailed?

Any one get deposits tonight into the morning, or status changes please put here I cant find any where for updates. Oh and Turbo tax thanks for nothing and keeping every one on edge and using a shady bank to take are money. Never will I use turbo tax again. 

I got my stimlus on my turbo tax card on 15th I didn't have any fres or advances so they did send some but they sent me a email saying I was getting it after iij already got it weird 

not for mine

This is my situation

@dupreesabrina it still says it will be mailed the 24th even tho they have them now

I really hope it goes on there tomorrow. I went ahead onto the Get My Payment and put in my direct deposit info just in case. So I hope I don't get lost in the mix.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies