turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year 2020: Will our stimulus check load on our turbo tax card?

If You filed your taxes with H&R Block or TurboTax and got a tax refund advance or paid your filing fee through your refund

Up to 21 million people who used TurboTax, H&R Block, and Jackson Hewitt to electronically file a tax return are experiencing delays in receiving their stimulus payment, The Washington Post reported on Thursday.

The delays aren't the fault of the tax preparer, but rather a result of the method of payment used. It's affecting filers who got an advance on their tax refund or had their tax prep fee deducted from their refund, consumer law expert Vijay Raghavan told The Post.

Raghavan said that tax prep companies received customers' refunds, deducted the cost of filing their taxes, and then sent out what remained to the customers so the IRS never got their direct-deposit information.

I got that message as well but after checking it says now they don’t have enough information a locked me out so does this mean I updated my dd and am still getting noting 

I had to do the same

daltondebbie67
Returning Member

MY TURBO CARD HAS A - 4.92 ON IT COULD THIS BE THE PROBLEM

daltondebbie67
Returning Member

I CAN NOT GET IN TO PUT INT IN

@Tbrown19  Wait for 24 hours then use the information from your taxes to update it. When it ask for your refund amount of you received one use the amount that you used when you check where’s my refund. I had to do this and I had to put my back information in there 

daltondebbie67
Returning Member

were is this site that is not what I am seeing

@Love44 I have already done that yesterday I have updated my information I said today when I went to check where it was it said I didn’t have enough information 

HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY RECEIVED THEIR MONEY ON THE TURBO TAX CARD YET?

Turbo tax should have worked on this for the 3 f*cking weeks between time stimilus was approved and payments started being sent. The reason they didn't is because they wouldnt get a cut of our money so they said f*ck the paying customers and make us figure it out ourselves! These stupid a*s employees are still telling people as of this morning that we have nothing to worry worry about when we all know we do have something to worry about! They arent the ones struggling like we are just to survive and take care of our kids! This company along with several others are trash and dont give a sh*t about any of us! That is proven by the fact that we have figured out this info ourselves without their help because frankly they dont care cuz they cant charge us anything!

taxes.JPG

Now they are straight up lying. Read the last paragraph. TT said they have the appropriate banking information for ALL of its filers and that any f its customers who are eligiable will receive their payment without delays or fees. This article was published at 10:31 PM 4/16. TT is now lying out their ass

@Masters523  I am really starting to think we have to wait a full 24 hours without trying to get onto the irs tool at all because I'm like you it's going on 48 hours since I was able to get onto the tool! The irs needs to fix that and TT should send us our money and then they should have to wait for irs to send to them since TT and their holding company santa barbara is the reason we all dont have our stimulus yet! I will be contacting a lawyer about all this and will be filing a suit of some kind hopefully a class action suit so that everyone the f*cked over can get a piece from them and they can see how it feels!

@russelleann  that's why I suggest everyone to get transcript from irs and compare it the tax papers that turbo tax produced for us. I saved mine when I filed my return and printed them. On my forms it states the routing and account number that matches my turbo tax card therefore that should mean the irs has my DD info already BUT as well all have found out the IRS doesnt have our DD info!! If the transcript the irs has doesnt match the ones we have from when we filed that means TT altered our papers before sending to the irs and that is illegal!!! The print out I have is legally supposed to match the one the irs has and I have a strong feeling that it doesn't otherwise the IRS would have been able to send us our stimulus already. The Santa Barbara holding company already got our stimulus money and they kicked it back to the irs for everyone that paid fees out of refund or got an advance instead of forwarding it on to us because THEY COULDNT GET A CUT FROM US!!! All they care about is what they can get! Its f*cked up that they have screwed all of us that actually paid for their service!! 

ad19
Level 3

I'm glad to see it worked for you. Alot of us get an error message saying the service is unavailable to try again later. Now last time it locked me out after I tried again later. Super frustrating but thank you for your help 

@Xkysmom yep. they had the ability to accept those payments or leave them pending and locate the appropriate accounts. if you read the last paragraph of that news article it says they have the correct account information for ALL of their filers. They chose to reject those payments because they would not be compensated for doing the legwork of locating our accounts. the articles are saying that it isn't the tax preparers fault! BULL**IT!! they had the ability and chose not to and also they were aware of the stimulus weeks before like you mentioned. WEEKS before they were scheduled to be sent out and they did nothing. They did absolutely nothing to help us. BOYCOTT THIS COMPANY! we won't see the check until the next wave if we are lucky. i hate to say that because I need it just as bad as everyone else but those that can't get into the tool and cant update their info for whatever reason y'all might as well expect a paper check which wont start until the first week of MAY!! and if they have a bad address for you or you moved you won't see that check for months. I'm sorry and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that's what it is. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies