Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year 2020: Will our stimulus check load on our turbo tax card?

I didn't get mine... Did anyone get it that used turbo tax card? When I check the IRS portal to check on payment it says I need to give them my direct deposit information

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

Here is the latest:

You should be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS on your Turbo Visa Debit Card issued by Green Dot on Wednesday, 4/15! 

• I have access to my Turbo Visa Debit Card: If you have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, there is nothing more you need to do. You will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit on 4/15. You can sign in to your account to check your balance here: https://secure.turbodebitcard.intuit.com/login 

• I no longer have access to my Turbo Visa Debit Card: If you no longer have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, don’t worry. If you have registered your card and know your login credentials, you can request a replacement card by signing in to your Turbo Visa Debit Card account (https://secure.turbodebitcard.intuit.com/account/report-lost-or-stolen). If you don’t know your account login information, call 888-285-4169 for assistance. You will not be charged for a replacement card or check; standard fees will be waived or refunded to you.

Due to unprecedented traffic you may experience some delays on the site or  phone line. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we appreciate your patience.   

For additional questions, including how to receive a check, please direct customers to our Turbo Visa Debit Card site: https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/turbo-card/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@DMarkM1  I didn't receive mine and when I got to that irs where's my payment it says I don't have a direct deposit.... I used turbo tax card and got my refund deposited on it

I just did the get my payment thing on irs and it said my payment is scheduled to be deposited today in the same bank account that my Turbo card is but the turbo card app won't work right now or the website to check my balance

I got mine on my turbo tax card skip the website and the app text bal to 83854 it will ask for the last 4 of your card number and then it will send you your balance 

I finally got thru to a turbo tax person and she read me the update they got last night by email. Said that payments are scheduled to be on our cards today. That because it's a prepaid card it wouldnt necessarily come up on the DD info for irs portal. That if we dont get our money by Friday that we are to call back.  Still not sure how accurate this is. I had fees taken out but no advance. 

She also said that deposits are being done throughout the day. So it could be anytime during the day. I will update later and post if I got mine or not. Guess we will have to wait and see. @romaniarod76  did you have fees taken out of your refund?

@lluwd2002  did you have fees taken out of your refund?

@DMarkM1  but does this apply to people that had fees taken out of their refund? We have all found stuff saying that santa barbara company was part of taking our fees and that they are rejecting our stimulus money because of it. The irs portal says not enough info for DD but yet my tax return has the routing and account number that is for my turbo debit visa. There are alot of us (millions) that are worried we will have to wait for checks and many of us cant wait months for this money because we are out of work due to this covid19 and fighting to get unemployment. we need a straight answer with a guarantee that our money will be on our cards. Lady I spoke with read an email yall got last night and it said it would be deposited but she couldnt explain why the irs tool is telling us not enough info for DD when people with regular bank accounts it shows them when deposit will be made. 

Abp0227

Well I think something is wrong because now you can't even check your card!

Tvistra
Returning Member

I just checked the irs.gov site and it said I qualified for the stimulus but they did not have enough info to deposit it. I filed with TurboTax this year, got the turbocard for the advanced refund, and received my tax return back in February.  The numbers on the return for the account/routing matched my debit card that was used. Looks like they aren't going to deposit it on the turbo card since it asked for deposit information on their new portal. Just letting people know to check the irs site in case since the turbocard site is being hammered right now and I couldn't even log into my account.

@Abp0227  use the text option. Text the number 8 3 8 5 4 and type in bal. It will text you back asking for last 4 digits of your card and then give you your balance 

@DMarkM1 
i have a turbo card but on the IRS site it says my money was deposited today in the account ending (last 4 of my ss# )! Why is that?? 

Cant understand what these tax people wont respond back to our comments especially when we tag them in the comment

Text the number 8 3 8 5 4 and then type bal and it will text back asking for last 4 of your card number and then send you your balance. Try that and let us know if your money is there.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies