Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year 2020: Will our stimulus check load on our turbo tax card?

Hope I get mine loaded to the card because it still hasn’t posted 😭

I received my stimulus this morning on my turbo card that i received this year. My routing number and account number on my 1040 matched. Hope that helps! 

Yes i received mine this morning

DAAthren
Returning Member

The question is...did you have fees taken out of your refund or did you pay your fees upfront VIA paying by credit or debit card?

Well I filed with TurboTax back in March. I owed back taxes so the IRS took my refund. I opt'd to use the turbo card and received one and figured my stimulus check would go there as my 1040 shows the routing & account number for my turbo card...unfortunately it didn't show up today.  So I just checked the IRS website and the get my payment tool is up.  When I entered my information it said that I was eligible but they needed more information. I was then able to update my banking info and now have to wait for the IRS to send the payment.  Good luck everyone.

irs.JPG

I haven't recvd on turbo card so I checked IRS site they have available now and it said they needed my banking info (my turbo Direct deposit info matched my 1040 return so not sure why they didn't deposit with info they had) but at least I know now it won't be going to card... But I have no idea when to expect it now that info is with IRS

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

Exactly same for me

DAAthren
Returning Member

Yea, I am getting the feeling that THIS was the reason Turbo Tax was being if-ie about giving us an answer. It seems like anyone who did the advance loan or paid fees from their refund didn't get an automated payment. So that means either 1) the documents they give us as 'proof' of our return don't actually show the proper routing number and account number they actually transmit to the IRS AND/OR 2) The accounting and routing number assigned to the intuit debit card that have an advance/fees owed doesn't allow certain direct deposit transactions to filter through like they should.

Basically, TurboTax might have just been caught out either way about how their processing practices actually work

Unfortunately if you’ve received the advance refund it will not . The irs opened the site where you can see where it will go and They did not have my turbo card dd info so I had to add my other account . 

sandragray1968
Returning Member

Yes. I received mine last night.

MoonShyne2186
Returning Member

I had fees paid by the federal tax refund, and I opted for the advance.  I have a turbo tax card, and I did not get the direct deposit.  When I checked the IRS tool, it said that it did not have enough information!  My tax return did have the routing number and bank info for my card, but that did not matter apparently.  

I ended up putting in my bank information online, so we will see how long it takes now :(

I had the same experience. My friend got hers last sat on her chime. I’m still waiting. And when I look it up using all my tax info from my filing for 2019, it’s stated not enough info and to check back in 24 hours on the .Gov website. Frustrated. I’m an essential worker and need car repairs to make it to work.  

I have turbo tax card the irs took my refund because I owed tax so turbo fees never got paid so I don’t think mine will be on there... How or where did you enter your bank info ? 

If you check the tool the IRS has now released it will tell you if your stimilus check has been DD. I checked mine a few mins ago and it told me they didnt have enough info to do DD. I filed with turbo tax and got turbo debit card. So that proves that we wont get them on our turbo debit cards! We will have to wait for a paper check or we have to open a checking account somehow.  This is bull**bleep**! I will never use turbo tax again and neither will any friends and family! Yall have messed up with screwing with the money we are supposed to get! Now how do we survive??

KarenJ2
Expert Alumni

You can enter your bank information on the following IRS website.  It is finally able to accept bank information.

Economic Impact Payments  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies