Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year 2020: Will our stimulus check load on our turbo tax card?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1,185 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Turbo Card and Stimulus Deposits - What you need to know

In order to deliver money as quickly as possible to those who need it, the IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose to receive their refund via direct deposit into their checking account.  These taxpayers will automatically have their stimulus payment deposited into the account they received their refund.

We have not yet received confirmation from the IRS on whether they will be putting stimulus payments on prepaid debit cards.  However, we have noticed that the IRS has started depositing stimulus payments on some prepaid debit cards for taxpayers that chose to receive their refund through that method in tax year 2019 or 2018.  If you received your refund on a prepaid debit card in tax year 2019 or 2018, here is what you need to know:

• I have access to my debit card: If you have access to your debit card (most people), there is nothing more you need to do.  If the IRS deposits a stimulus payment onto your prepaid debit card, you will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit.
  • I don’t have access to my debit card: If you received a notification that you will be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS on your prepaid debit card and no longer have access to it, we will have information coming shortly.  We encourage you to visit this site, where we are continually updating with the latest information and guidance. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we are committed to helping our customers get access to their stimulus payment as fast as possible.
Varner1270bry
Returning Member

What day will my stimulus get deposited

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

We do not yet know the date for Economic Impact Payment deposits and there is not yet a way to track the status of an individual payment. 

The IRS is currently building a tool that should be available soon to track the status of payments, and if necessary, provide updates for payment preferences. 

Please check the links below frequently for updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

Safeguard your information.  Do not click on links in any e-mail sent to you asking for your bank information.  Go directly to IRS or US Treasury websites to provide this information.

@Varner1270bry

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My daughter used H&R Block and got hers on her card....why the hold up with you??? 

I just got off the phone with a TurboTax representative and she confirmed they got an email yesterday we will be getting them on our turbo cards as long as the account number and routing number for your turbo card matches your 1040 and she said it should be tomorrow or sometime this week

I sure hope your right.  Not saying i do t believe you but i sure hope i get it tomorrow.  I have thebturbo card which. I got my refund on.  Although my card says -2.62 as balance which is weird.  Im assuming that 2.62 will just come out of the 1200.  So i sure hope it gets put on tomorrow

Screenshot_20200414-145524.jpg

This is what I found online today although Turbo Tax havent confirmed on their own website sooooo I would love to know as well...

MayaD
Expert Alumni

The IRS is depositing some stimulus payments onto prepaid debit cards for filers that chose to receive their refund through that method.

Has anyone gotten a stimulus on the turbo card yet because I haven’t. People who have used TurboTax with a prepaid card such as chime got theirs yesterday ?! 

I believe the if, and some, prepaid debit cards says it all, it is always the wording. If Turbo tax is not making that cut and dry there is a reason. Turbo tax, what is the reason,  only some are getting the stimulus on prepaid and some are not? People need clarification on that subject? If you cannot answer that, then that is shady business.

Shadont3

No I haven't gotten mines on the turbo card either and know a few people who have on the chime card

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

We have not yet received confirmation from the IRS on whether they will be putting stimulus payments on prepaid debit cards.  However, we have noticed that the IRS has started depositing stimulus payments on some prepaid debit cards for taxpayers that chose to receive their refund through that method in tax year 2019 or 2018.  If you received your refund on a prepaid debit card in tax year 2018 or 2019, here is what you need to know: 

• I have access to my debit card: If you have access to your debit card (most people), there is nothing more you need to do.  If the IRS deposits a stimulus payment onto your prepaid debit card, you will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit. 
  • I don't have access to my debit card: If you received a notification that you will be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS on your prepaid debit card and no longer have access to it, we will have information coming shortly.  We encourage you to visit this site, where we are continually updating with the latest information and guidance. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we are committed to helping our customers get access to their stimulus payment as fast as possible. 

Actually yes everyone will get the refund on turbo card even if they had fees taken out. Santa Barbara Bank released a statement today saying that they will reject the payment it will go back to the IRS and then be redeposited onto your turbo debit card.

Actually he's correct. As of yesterday evening Santa Barbara Bank released a statement saying that they will reject the payment and it will be going back to the IRS but the IRS will then redeposit the stimulus payment on everybody's turbo cards even if they had fees taken out. Everyone's direct deposit information matches their card from their 1040 even if they had fees taken out or got the refund advance I checked both. So yes now we will all get it on the turbo card and it's why it's taking a little longer for us who had the fees taken out.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies