Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get loaded to my turbo card?

Follow these sites for the most up to date info.  Things are changing rapidly.  Not all questions have been answered yet.

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Any updates because idk what to do?? 

I was told by a turbo tax employee today, 4-09-2020 that the stimulus checks will not be loaded to your turbo tax visa card. It will instead be mailed to the address you have on file with the IRS. 

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

We are also waiting for information about the development of the portal the IRS announced that they working on to give taxpayers a way of updating their banking information.

I hope so too.. cause that wouldn’t make sense if they wouldn’t accept that as a form of direct deposit 

That’s really dumb that turbo tax isn’t letting the irs load the payment into the prepaid cards or whatever is going on I most likely will not choose turbo next year rip another customer.. can’t count on no company cause everyone has different regulations 

I've heard so many different answers. One day someone will say stimulus will go to where your refund was sent. Next day someone else says you have to have a legit bank account in order to receive direct deposit. What gets me however is that non of these tax professionals have been able to get a concrete answer. If it gets put on my Turbo Card, great. If I have to wait for a paper check, whatever. It would just be nice to know once and for all. Especially considering they have begun releasing them. Even though I was happy with my refund going to a prepaid card, was easy actually, I think to avoid any future BS next year I'll just make sure I open a regular bank account

Seems to me that no one really knows WTF they are talking about. My sister called a friend of hers that works for H & R Block and asked if her stimulus would be deposited onto her Emerald Card and she was told yes. If these cards are good enough to receive our refunds on then what's the issue with getting stimulus on them? They have routing numbers, they are capable of receiving payroll direct deposits so The IRS needs to get their sh*t together and apply them to where we got refunds

I think it's bull**bleep** TurboTax don't know what's going on

The IRS did not send your tax money to the turbo card and send his tax money to the turbo tax so they can get their fee and they sent it to the turbo card that's the problem

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

TurboTax has not received an answer from the IRS on this issue.  "We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates"

Twan1024
Returning Member

A lot of people have already taken the money off and that card is long gone so they could deposit it to the same Greendot Acct but they'd have to send out new cards too and I don't believe they will do that...JMO

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

TurboTax has not received an answer from the IRS on this issue.  "We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates"

Debit cards that are used by many tax preparation companies such as H&R Block and Intuit’s TurboTax as well as the Direct Express programs do qualify to receive these direct payments. That’s because these cards (H&R Block’s Emerald Card, Direct Express and TurboTax’s debit card) are linked to an actual bank account (with routing numbers) and all should qualify for the economic stimulus direct payment. This is relatively new information.

Are there any updates whether or not the stimulus checks will be deposited to the turbo card? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies