turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

chloero77
Returning Member

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

Has anyone received information on whether or not debit cards provided from TurboTax (2019 tax refund) for direct deposit , will be considered a "bank account" by the IRS to deposit stimulus checks???  

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

I Never received a pending on my card but probably because I never turned on my notification alert on it. I just did . hopefully everyone have there notifications on just to make sure 

I never said you needed a peep talk but because their is no REAL actual answer I’m saying hope for the best.... it’s out of our hands at this point...  no need to get an attitude or get smart with anyone... best of Luck 

I just talked to someone on TurboTax Intuit and they said that you will receive your payment on your TurboTax prepaid card but they do not have a date yet so you have to keep checking your card next week to see if it's posted on your account

chloero77
Returning Member

@Cowgurl712  Thank you for that info!! I really hope so 🙂

Cornell W

You all keep saying you’re waiting for guidance but for how long?? This is something very important for us to know and we still don’t have an answer. 

Here is something I saw in another post.

495C442B-6DF4-4E3A-AD79-3BD32A7E6A0B.jpeg

According to the tax rep I talked to at tubocard.  The checks will not go on our turbo cards because the irs is bypassing the 3rd party bank they use. However, the irs should have the portal up early next week for us to update our direct deposit info here's the link https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments scroll down to the direct deposit info 

No we wont the irs is bypassing the 3rd pary bank will have to wait for the irs to launch th e site for us to update our direct deposit info early next week.https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

Scroll towards the bottom 

Manson777

Will my stimulus money go on my TurboTax card because the government do have my information cuz you put my federal on it

Nt29
Level 2

Someone posted a link from the us treasury website stating we wont be able to update our checking account info . 

SaVa1

If  you've already filed your taxes this year, you're all set. There's nothing you can change right now that will affect your stimulus payment. The IRS will automatically deposit your payment to the BANK ACCOUNT PROVIDED ON YOUR RETURN. If you had a balance due, or if you opted to receive your refund by mail, the IRS will mail your stimulus check to the address on your return

Okay but what if some ppl didn’t get that notification cuz I didn’t 

It's not set to launch until next week https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments 

Scroll down to files get your payment 

How would u know if u had a balance due ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies