Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

Will i get my money on my card 

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

stimulus checks have started to come out. Will our check be on our turbo card. It would be nice to know something. 

I filed my taxes through TurboTax and I had it deposited onto a TurboTax card will my stimulus money be put on that card?

It's been 4 days, no new updates. Will the stimulus checks be deposited onto the prepaid cards issued for tax payments by the preparer? A few of my family members payments are already pending in their accounts. Answers quick please and thank you.

Will stimulas check be deposited on prepaid catd

I see that most Turbo employees here just rip off what the last one had said in order to avoid more of an issue with their illegitimate card and its ways of recieving the stimulus. Sure, just keep pointing the fingers at the IRS stating that you'll know more when they finalize the details when they in fact already HAVE finalize the . People are already recieving their stimulus and I as well as thousands more have no idea where it's going because Turbo Tax is waiting on something that is not even true. My brothers and sisters, neighbors etc already have theirs. So, what information are you waiting on?

My personal opinion is that there are millions and millions of people receiving this money and they just did not have enough people on staff to get a lot of them out all in one or two days. I had fees taken out of my tax return yet my 1040 shows my account and routing number on my return documents. It’s a bank number just like any other bank, so I think it’ll work. We just have to wait and be patient is all. 

I feel you this is to much about turbo tax they can't tell u nothing.And u can call any number and get no one best believe I'm not using turbo tax next year

Rw9
Level 2

I got this same notification it means the money will be there so check your account on the 15 

One clarification:  If a TurboTax customer chose to have their tax return software fees paid out of their refund, the IRS was given information that sent the refund to a third party bank.  TurboTax sends information to that bank so they know what to do with the refund when they get it. That bank, after receiving the refund from the IRS, pulls out the TurboTax fee, pulls out their own fee ($40), and then send the rest to whatever method the customer set up for their refund.  If the customer uses a prepaid card or a regular bank account, there is a routing number and account number for the deposit of funds.

Since the IRS would only have the third party bank, there is no way for the IRS to know about your own bank account or prepaid card number.

According to Santa Barbara TPG, a Green Dot Company:

"The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that received a direct deposit. An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office or a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG."

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

As a professional tax preparer for over 35 years, I interpret this to say that, if the SBTBG was involved in getting your refund and forwarding it to you (either by direct deposit or Green Dot card), you can expect to get a paper check.  I believe that if the IRS has your Green Dot (or any other prepaid card) routing number and account number, you should expect the stimulus check to be deposited in that account.

The key here is knowing how you got your refund.  Did it come from the third party bank, or possibly the preparer who gave you an advance and then collected the refund when it arrived, or did it come straight from the IRS to your account?

Wouldn’t the 1040 reflect TPG then??

Blackoutlily
Returning Member

@mikefreemancpa the ones who had fees taken out first had to go through Santa Barbara TPG then onto the turbotax debit card or direct deposit to their bank. I did the turbotax debit card. If I end up waiting for a paper check because of that, I will never ever do business with Intuit again. That includes Quickbooks. That's something they should have handled earlier if they did not. They better hope they figured it out. 

When I say personal bank account I’m referring to those who did not the turbo card. I know what a direct deposit is...

NEVER ever again WILL WE DEAL W TURBO TAX.  HORRIBLE and I MEAN HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE... My Wife is telling me to calm down,, BUT TURBO TAX ONLY cares and THEIR $$$$$. THEY DONT care about its customers!!!! Especially DURING a LIFE ALTERING PANDEMIC!!!!! 

I think SB is referring to those who got the full refund advance either by check or on a debit card at one of their sites. You know some companies give you the entire refund early. In those cases the IRS would only have the third party bank info because all the money is owed to them. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies