Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Matt82

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

Doesnt hurt to ask, i work for intuit and cant get a straight answer lol

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

Ok so i think that everyone her agrees that if we dont get stimulus payment on our turbo tax card we are all leaving turbo tax for a company that cares about its customes. 200 dollars a year to do their taxes with them!!! To a company that cares about their customers. They have no answers for us or seem to care. We need support during there troubling times.

After all we did business with turbo tax not green dot. Turbo tax owes us answers. Just cause this isnt in the media??? We still deserve answers.

See a lot of you had a third party take fees.. thus that santa Barbara bank.. I do not know the correct answer.. hopefully I am stressing for no reason..

They keep saying they don’t know but this should be a top priority for them not just setting up new direct deposit information for people who haven’t filed yet and aren’t customers.. They’re just trying to get them to file with TurboTax “Oh you don’t have your direct deposit information on file to get the stimulus check, come file with TurboTax and then you can set it up” What about the people that already filed.... Arent we important too????

Like the above comments. You should've already done something to try and fix this or have a answer. People are needing this money bad!! So find a answer and I'll also probably not file again with turbo tax since none of y'all can get anything straight!

Still no response from turbo tax... sounds like they don't need us.

Some people got money from stimlus on dorect deposit.  The irs said any deposit we used for our taxes will be the same account they drop our checks in. So if it's not there by the 15th that's when we need to be concerned. And if not I'm going be mad because this isnt a game. Some of us have Bill's. And are laid off . Some of us have insulin to pay for every week to be alive. Smh. This is not a joke. Or a idk situation.  It's not the employees fault. But I'm going to say if some have already gotten it then we will get it and I'm off thos chat because this chat thing is suppose to help us and it doesnt. 

It doesn’t really matter  what “they” said. There’s a lot of confusion concerning “prepaid cards”. There’s prepaid debit and prepaid credit. Prepaid credit is like a one-time thing like when you buy a gift card with a set amount on it. PP debit is actually linked to your SS# and has a routing # just like a checking account. “Reloadable” is the key difference. There’s absolutely no reason for the deposit to not go through. The federal government has already successfully made a deposit into these accounts.  

I would hope that the stimulus checks get deposited onto the turbo cards... since that was the only reason I use you guys and was hoping that I could receive my tax return through your company.. it’s a routing and an account number?! Make it work! It’s not that hard.. we have provided UPDATED INFORMATION that the government has requested. We did that through YOUR COMPANY. If I receive a check now because of this, I’ll be pretty pissed.. People are behind on payments and you guys have another hold up or problem... I’m moving and will not have access to this mailbox here soon... So that would absolutely SCREW ME. Send it to the turbo card since that’s why I got the thing....

Crazylovebugsis
Returning Member

This is so crazy I really need the money like now 

Really, they are already sending the money and your only answer is:

"We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

Y’all do realize STPG has nothing to do with Turbo Tax Intuit cards! Green dot is the issuer of the TT card! Sbtpg is the bank that processes fees taken out through TT or advance refunds when u file through TT!  so that’s why when reading SBTPG WEBSITE their saying they will have no parts in issuing Stimulus checks it has nothing to do with Green dot card! IRS is not processing federal funds through sbtpg for stimulus checks it’s coming directly to our accounts from federal government not Turbo Tax if that helps at all!

Here is a helpful article I found about turbo tax information 

https://www.businessinsider.com/personal-finance/turbotax-online-portal-stim[product key removed]t-d...

But also, if you log onto your turbo tax account and go to the stimulus edition it shows me personally that the turbo card information was submitted to the IRS for the stimulus check. So I guess now is just a waiting game? 

Bbasney

What if i didn't get a turbo card and you guys direct deposited my return in my bank account because i chose to pay my fees with my return will you guys receive my stimulus check or what? And please don't give me that same answer i just read about 10 times in this chat.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies