turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

I agree with you wholeheartedly! If we can receive payroll direct deposit, we should be aw to get the stimulus money as well. Turbo Tax needs to push the IRS to provide an answer or correct the issue themselves! We need our money.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

IRS said the same way we got our taxes is the same way we get our check so it has to be a yes its not a hard question 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Follow these sites for the most up to date info.  Things are changing rapidly.  Not all questions have been answered yet.

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Payments are about to be paid to people as short as the 15th how can there not be any information for this yet? I don’t understand how hard it is to figure out if prepaid cards with routing and account numbers will be able to get it? Also if people now have bank accounts how come their isn’t an easy way to update information now? Can’t take but a few minutes for a web designer to create that portal for tax filers on any tax site and IRS site?????

Next week is the 13th. I just need to know what I need to do this didnt answer any of our questions. 

I have been told yes because o have used the same turbo card the last few years to get my refund and my paycheck. Now I have kept the same card. If you chose to get a new card every year instead of entering the previous cards bank info than I don't believe you will do to security reasons. The sanrabarbra bank was just the bank they used to your refund to you quicker...rather say the bank was used for loans. Green dot is the official bank and the account info is certain. Santa Barbara bank is having nothing to do with the stimulus pay.

Why are you TURBOTAX saying you don’t know if stimulus checks are going to be direct deposited to the TurboTax Card. Is the card legal or what. What is being done about this. You stated you haven’t heard from the IRS about the card. What kind of mess is this

I'm not sure how they didnt hear from irs when the irs is working with them and using them to help people who cant file to get there stimlus checks. It's a simple question... its next week when checks are due 

this is from the SBPTG website and was posted earlier today 

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

I paid for tax preparation using Santa Barbara TPG this tax season. How will I receive my Economic Impact Payment?

The IRS will be distributing Economic Impact Payments directly to taxpayers and TPG will not play a role in facilitating these payments. Unfortunately, TPG does not have any visibility into this information, therefore our agents can not answer any questions regarding these payments.

The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that received a direct deposit. An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office or a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG.

Nellie55

I know and then I get an email from turbo tax from my other email  saying hurry and e file so you can get quick access to stimulus check direct deposit so idk imma just wAit and see what happens. Jesus take the wheel hahahaha 

H&R block gave there people cards and they told me today that the irs is still letting there people use the cards they gave them for the fact that it's where there taxes was deposited 

What is TPG. So will those that had their taxes direct deposited on this tt card get their stimulus check on that card

@vmoore431 if you had the fees withheld from your refund, the money went through TPG before the remainder of the money went on the Greendot card 

I know that’s crazy. So I noticed in a post from TT that they are saying they are still waiting on the IRS to know whether or not they can be put on the card

AGAIN.  WHAY IS TPG

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies