Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

It's a reloadable card, same as a visa prepaid. It is not a checking nor saving account, which is the issue at hand.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

I’m so sick of seeing we are waiting for the irs to update they are sending the **bleep** checks today yet none of you “ professionals” can answer the question. I will never use turbo again what a joke. Quit hitting your auto fill button and answer 

Please let us know if anything changes, sir.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

This reply is the latest and most accurate information that TurboTax has regarding if your stimulus check will be deposited to your prepaid card.  The IRS has the final say as to where the stimulus check will be deposited and until they publish that information it is not possible to provide you with a yes or no answer to your question.

"We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates"

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

With the same info that all banks have, routing and account numbers! CHIME isn’t even a actual bank it’s online my domestic partner me and him filed separate and he filed using chime and got his stimulus showing pending! So again there isn’ta real excuse for this company to find out a way I’d chime did period. Google chime stimulas I have chime too I knew I should’ve had my taxes go there cause this is ridiculous. They are a electronic online bank smh. Turbo tax ain’t even sending notifications or nothing I’ve got emails from chime and rush card about the stimulus nothing at all from turbo tax!!! 

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

This reply is the latest and most accurate information that TurboTax has regarding if your stimulus check will be deposited to your prepaid card.  The IRS has the final say as to where the stimulus check will be deposited and until they publish that information it is not possible to provide you with a yes or no answer to your question.

"We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates"

@Crawfordkara1990 I heard from an employee on another thread that there will not be a refund to the turbo cards as it is a prepaid. They are working to correct this but don't know yet so they stopped saying no so people would check back. 

@Robidoux86  - because that software / portal was developed for ONLY those that otherwise do not have to file a return. 

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Yes, that is correct.  "We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates"

Is it an answer to this question? To those awaiting we would like an answer. It seems simple enough.

@LeonardS So I have reached out to the Santa Barbara tax product group. Who I  spoke to a manager by the name of Jason. He stated that TurboTax Doesn't use the same account information set up as they use for the santa Barbra tax product group. So my question was why is my taxes going to a Third Party company and allowed to take Funds from my Check when I don't have an open account with them ? His Reply is that your Account does not become open when you first file the taxes it becomes available after you are approved to receive them. So the IRS is by passing the Santa Barbara tax Group with prepaid cards because they are not actual banking accounts to verify yourself to receive your Check. The third party company is not getting the checks because you don't have a real account set up with santa Barbra it's just a third party bank that Turbo Tax Send your Funds to . I will never use TURBO TAX again it's amazing how you guys use people for financial gain. 

Will my stimulus check get put on my turbo card

What about if I filed my taxes on March 26 and I'm still waiting for my 2019 refund to load on my prepaid turbo tax card. Will my stimulus just be added to it all at once?

Heathd82

Was this information released by the irs?

I'm wondering the same, and the "professionals" are telling us different answers..... yes.... no.... or waiting in guidance from the IRS.... can someone give us the REAL answer? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies