turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will i receive my stimulus payment on my turbo card if i have already filed my 2019 taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies
KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

Will i receive my stimulus payment on my turbo card if i have already filed my 2019 taxes?

In order to deliver money as quickly as possible to those who need it, the IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose to receive their refund via direct deposit into their checking account.  These taxpayers will automatically have their stimulus payment deposited into the account they received their refund.

We have not yet received confirmation from the IRS on whether they will be putting stimulus payments on prepaid debit cards.  However, we have noticed that the IRS has started depositing stimulus payments on some prepaid debit cards for taxpayers that chose to receive their refund through that method in tax year 2019 or 2018.  If you received your refund on a prepaid debit card in tax year 2019 or 2018, here is what you need to know:

• I have access to my debit card: If you have access to your debit card (most people), there is nothing more you need to do.  If the IRS deposits a stimulus payment onto your prepaid debit card, you will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit.
  • I don’t have access to my debit card: If you received a notification that you will be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS on your prepaid debit card and no longer have access to it, we will have information coming shortly.  We encourage you to visit this site, where we are continually updating with the latest information and guidance. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we are committed to helping our customers get access to their stimulus payment as fast as possible.

Note: Please click this IRS link and use the Get Your Payment application, available mid-April, to check the status of your stimulus payment.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Ok everyone I just went on the irs website and put my info in and the response I received was....we dont have enough information about you to send your direct deposit. Please provide your bank information.........

I filed my taxes with turbo tax in February I received my refund direct deposited on a turbo tax card the same way I have the past 4 years.....SO HOW IS IT THE IRS DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH OF MY INFORMATION TO SEND THE DIRECT DEPOSIT?? NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE........very disappointed and at a loss.........

bklemmy
Returning Member

I filed my taxes in early February and received my refund through the Turbo Tax debit card with rapid refund advance. I just checked the IRS "get my payment" this morning (04/15/2020) link to get the status of my payment and it told me that I needed to input my banking information or I would have a paper check mailed to me. It did not have or recognise that I used direct deposit to the Turbo Debit card. I updated it with my personal banking info and now it says that my payment date will be updated as soon as they have the date for my stimulus payment. You guys are not giving us the correct information. It does not look like the IRS will be making those deposits to the Turbo Debit Cards. There are going to be some really disappointed and pissed off people pretty soon. I would put the word out that everyone needs to update their info on the IRS website or they will have a paper check mailed and who knows when that will be. Just FYI.

bklemmy
Returning Member

Same thing for me...I just updated the info to my personal bank account and now it says that my payment date will be updated soon. People are not going to be happy about this and it is not good for Turbo tax.

I just did the same thing after everyone around me has received theirs regardless to if they had direct deposit or not. I’ll never use TurboTax again. You can’t access the card or website neither can you call the number on the card. They blocked us out instead of communicating with us. Terrible business. I had to find out from the IRS it’s terrible customer service. 

I just did the same thing after everyone around me has received theirs regardless to if they had prepaid debit or not. I’ll never use TurboTax again. You can’t access the card or website neither can you call the number on the card. They blocked us out instead of communicating with us. Terrible business. I had to find out from the IRS it’s terrible customer service. The advance wasn’t really an advance by the time I could get cash I had my entire refund. The biggest rip off I’ll never again it’s  freetax USA from here on out! 

Wessam37

Im pissed off how is so hard for irs 

Wessam37

Irs say if you file 2019 or 2018 taxes you get your stimulus check direct deposit they have my direct depoist info for 2018 why is it so hars for them to depoist my stimulus check but 80 million people got theres irs is nothing but a lieing bull**bleep** mother **bleep**ers im pissed off 

I will never ever use turbo card ever again they did me so dirty not only have they left all of us in the dark about what to do I went on to update make sure it was the same routing number and account number that was on the card so only get rejected from their bank and now I have to wait on the paper check never ever ever why use them again they have such bad customer service everything could have been avoided if they would have just said no it's not going on the turbo card make sure you use a different account number and routing number there's people in need there's people that don't have jobs that really need this money that are going to be homeless foodless who have kids it's not a game get they get their fee easily when it's time for that you suck Turbo

Gilbert129
Returning Member

I got a message saying my stimulus check will be mailed on the 24 of april.

I also went to the IRS stimulus tracker and got a similar response saying I have a payment pending but not enough information. I received state and federal returns on my turbo card for the first time this year (not sure if that’s the issue, it shouldn’t be). I went a step further and attempted to enter a valid bank account and it said the information doesn’t match my tax information on file. So I’m checking the turbo card account every day and hoping I will at least get a check in the mail at some point as my address hasn’t changed in 10 years. 

Have you tried it again

I did earlier today (4/20) and it said a paper check will be mailed on 4/24. Answers the questions as to how I am getting my payment, but not why it wasn’t deposited into my Turbo Card 🤷‍♂️

When it asked you to put in your refund amount for this last year did you put your total amount? Including state? Bc thats what I kept doing wrong once I put only my federal return amount it was fine

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies