Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why would CA state return still show as pending after 2 days?

When first filed it came back rejected, I signed back on and efiled state again been pending since Feb 12,21

When I, in my TurboTax Premier, looked at “Show Electronic Filing Status History” and then broke the info into what TurboTax is saying into two groupings, an IRS grouping and a CA tax grouping, it clearly showed that TurboTax worked with the IRS return from “Return Received” to “Return Forwarded” to “Return Accepted” with different days and times.  

But with CA’s tax return the only entry (repeated many times with the same date and time) is “Return Received - Your return has been received and will be forwarded to the taxing agency at the appropriate time.”

Thus, TurboTax clearly has dropped the ball and needs to fix the problem with the CA e-filing!

Electronic Filing History (for IRS)

February 09, 2021 04:54 PM PST

Return Received - Your return has been received and will be forwarded to the taxing agency at the appropriate time.

February 12, 2021 06:35 PM PST

Return Forwarded - The Intuit Electronic Filing Center has forwarded your return to the government. We will email you when your returns are accepted by the government, usually in 24 to 48 hours. Some states may take up to 5 business days for processing.

February 12, 2021 10:07 PM PST

Return Accepted - The government accepted your return on Feb. 12, 2021. If you haven't already, you can print any required forms and copy for your records after confirming your status in TurboTax.

Electronic Filing History (for CA)

February 09, 2021 04:54 PM PST California Individual Return Received - Your return has been received and will be forwarded to the taxing agency at the appropriate time.

You can find in TurboTax your “Show Electronic Filing Status History” by clicking on “File” and then “Electronic Filing”.

This is EXACTLY how mine shows up, duplicate entries a ton of times. 

UPDATE!!!

Just refreshed my turbotax desktop and it FINALLY says rejected. About to dig in and let you all know the outcome. 

I received the reject on Feb 12 at 8 am refiled  that afternoon and has been pending since!

OH GREAT! 

Well I just re-submitted, no fixes needed. I better get a acceptance email here soon! 

Mine just back saying rejected.. going to look into it now.

FYI - we’ve been in same boat as you all. Submitted returns before the 12th of Feb, Federal was accepted right away on that date, CA state has been pending.  I just received an email from Turbotax stating CA state return was rejected due to a Turbotax software error.  Have to resubmit and efile again.  Hopefully things will move quickly now.  Just a heads up!

Mine was just rejected for no good reason, and I just resubmitted. No errors. We'll see what happens. Embarrassing for Intuit and TurboTax. And still no explanation to the customer base. Shameful service.

Looks like we are all getting the CA rejection at the same time. I also just re-submitted now I am back to pending. Let's see if we all get acceptance quickly. 

Yup! Mine had no errors, it had to due with possible deductions which I had none to enter anyways. Crossing fingers we all get CA FTB to accept our state return today! I normally get it pretty quickly in time's past....

Just got my state rejection notice. I ran it and resubmitted it. Let's hope that fixes the issue. I'll post when I get an acceptance

Yep! Mine CA State refund got rejected a few minutes ago as well. I assume this is good news!

Turbo tax should refund the $20 filing state fee I paid to them...just for good measure. I may stay on board if so for next year....

I pretty much hate seeing the word "Pending" next to my CA state return box in my turbo tax program lol. Anyone else? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies