Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why would CA state return still show as pending after 2 days?

Please keep us posted. Thank you for the updates. 

What is his email address? Or where I could find it? Thank you. 

For the person who mentioned that California did software updates/changes that may be preventing our taxes from being accepted, is there a way for us to resubmit our state taxes so we do so under the latest software?  I know once we hit submit it's like putting it in the "mailbox."  Except technically, our taxes are getting a return to sender...

I did mine on the 13th. So all updates were done.  And it is still pending. 

I just find it hard to believe software changes would be enough to reject early returns.  Something else (IMO) is going on. 

Just curious, but for those who are pending, did you have any major change in life status?  Like a change in address versus last year?  I did.

No ones are rejected....We are saying that it doesn't move past Pending WHICH MEANS THE IRS HASN'T EVEN SENT THE STATE TO THE STATE TO BE REVIEWED TO EVEN BE ACCEPTED OR REJECTED.

NEW UPDATE for the California folks:

Just checked my bank account and I have a Federal refund pending for deposit showing....2/19/21 deposit date but my bank lets me see future ACH deposits.

So yeah, something is def wrong here. 

The state returns are not sent to the IRS...they are sent to the state, and then the state usually accepts the return as soon as the IRS accepts the federal return. (At least that is what the Intuit rep told me). The rep had no explanation as to why my state return is still pending. CA says they have no record of receiving my return, even thougfh the intuit rep says the transmission of my state return was completed 4 days ago......something is VERY WRONG.

HB88
Level 5

This is absurd. Turbotax needs to come clean and fix this issue.

I'm on the phone with a rep who is clueless but empathic at least to the problem

MC65
Level 3

I contacted the CA FTB through chat and this is what she said. CLEARLY there's something wrong here, and it's with TT:

Manuela[3:47 PM]:
As I have explained and mentioned above, we accept returns but not processing them so the returns in pending status
Manuela[3:48 PM]:
Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
MC[3:48 PM]:

Ok, TY. What does "pending" mean exactly? Because I got an email that my federal return was accepted but I have not received that message for my CA return. So it is not accepted yet.
Manuela[3:49 PM]:
If you efiled your CA return to us and you have not received an email stating we received or accepted the return, you may want to contact your software provider

I emailed the CEO and he forwarded my issue to Greg Johnson, he is the VP of Consumer Group. Greg replied to the message stating that he will forward to an expert so he can contact me to go over the issue I’m having. We’ll see if the expert will contact me. I will keep you all posted. 

This is exactly what happened to me. You should get a call from someone who will inform you they will look into your issue and hopefully resolve it. I am awaiting a call back after they check into why my state return is pending for 7 days. 

HB88
Level 5

Even the turbotax rep im still on the phone with is frustrated. This is truly a major problem and turbo tax is not living up to their end of the bargain by fixing this. As a paying customer i demand the basics to work.

I wonder if HR Block has this type of community forums. I'd be interested to see if they are having this same issue...

Yes. If the customers use the other software has the same issue, it's most likely the state agency issue. But if HR Block customers don't have the same issue, turbotax should help us to fix it, not just let us to contact FTB. I checked FTB online chat and the rep said they didn't see a return on file or that it was received. If it was filed online it would show we received it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies