turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why on my return that I downloaded have x's where my bank account info should be?

I filed the simple return to receive stimulus payment. I entered my direct deposit info and when I downloaded my return there are only x's where my account info should be.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Why on my return that I downloaded have x's where my bank account info should be?

Turbo Tax will only display the bank information for direct deposit if you are filing by mail. 

Otherwise, for security purposes, the account information will show X's on the Form 1040. 

The bank information will be e-filed with your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

6 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax will only display the bank information for direct deposit if you are filing by mail. 

Otherwise, for security purposes, the account information will show X's on the Form 1040. 

The bank information will be e-filed with your return.

Is there any way to verify that the info has been sent? This is my first year using the direct deposit option so I am a little nervous about whether or not it will be deposited in the account or not. 

Thank you in advance

rs737

In 2020 Turbotax under Part V of Form Info Wks, the first question "Do you want to elect direct deposit ..."  when answered yes will result in direct deposit information printed in clear on form 1040.

Right click on yes cell for more information "About elect direct deposit"

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

The bank account information can only be shown on the printed return to file by mail, otherwise, for security purposes the bank account number will not be displayed.

Your direct deposit account information can be found on your Tax Return Summary.

1. Sign in to TurboTax.
  2. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents and select Show.
  3. Under 2020, select Download/print return (PDF).
  4. Open the PDF of your return. The first page is your Federal return summary. In the first section, you'll see the bank account information you entered for your direct deposit.
TK2880

Does Turbo Tax send bank info on Electronic filing even if there is no refund or amount due?

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

No - If there is no refund or balance due, TurboTax will not ask for bank information to transmit to the IRS.

@TK2880

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies