turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is my return still pending?

@GabiU My fed return is still pending.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filed on 2/16. Still waiting.

TurboTax please reject all tax returns and provide a full refund immediately. We can then all send our returns in via USPS.

I will not be e-fling with TurboTax next year!

The IRS warns that mailed-in returns take several additional weeks to process. At this rate tho, we're already waiting. May as well be waiting for them to actually be processed. 

Intuit and TT need to provide immediate resolution to this or somehow refund and release everyone to efile with another tax service. The IRS is saying they never received our returns anyway and we should not all be penalized for errors on TT's end. I've not heard of any other tax service having this issue. With a promised resolution & timeline that never come to pass, this has become unacceptable. None of us received the promised email and the deadline of 10 PM/PT 2/19 has come and gone. Now we are left with nothing but SILENCE from TT and Intuit? Sorry, this is unacceptable and horrible customer service. My returns have been stuck in TT limbo for 9 days now. We all need assistance and a resolution to this. 

PLEASE. 

@GabiU - Commenting again to let you know I need assistance. 

@Teek21 Well said!

I filed Federal and state on 2/13.  Turbotax sent an email confirming that the returns were transmitted at February 13, 2021, 3:34 PM PST.  It's now one week later and I have received no other status updates from Intuit.  When I Check E-file Status from the TurboTax application it still says Pending for both Federal and State.

How many days, weeks, or years does Intuit expect us to wait in limbo?

Still pending for Federal and CA state as of 15:17 PST 2/20/2021

Filed 16:12 PST 2/15/2021

No email from Turbo Tax.

The return included a Form 1116 with foreign tax credit, income source of origin was marked as RIC (regulated investment company) per instructions.

The squeaky wheel gets oil. 

If enough of us continue to post to this thread it might get someone’ attention at TT to at least provide some information about what is going on and a new time estimate.

Time to squeak.

I filed on 2/12. Federal is still pending 8 days later. State has been rejected as federal is not accepted yet. I called yesterday and was told there's nothing to be done. I've received no emails about this. Infuriating and unprofessional all around.

83BB38C7-EAE7-49F0-9A04-EB2CF223C7DE.jpeg

Turbo tax has not submitted the return. There is a problem in the system where it says transmitted through default but is not in the irs data base. Instead of them looking into it they will consistently say in their end it’s been transmitted. That is why you will continue to wait for a response from the irs because they can’t accept or rejected something they do not have. Turbo tax never again. And what’s sad is you guys are not trying to write your wrong by simply checking wether there’s a glitch and although it’s says transmitted through default actually doing a little footwork and seeing if the returns are sent. To many people are making this claim it is not the irs. It’s this system and this is bad for business. They really going to pull something off to draw people to this system next year. Oh again I was an early filer filled feb 8th both state and federal as of 3/20 still pending 

@Moore256 my wage and income transcript say the same thing and I have a refund date. Check the Account Transcript tab. Wage and income is usually only on there if they are needing to match you what you entered on your return 

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

@Moore256 It does not show up on the IRS transcripts immediately. Sometimes it takes a few days and up to 2 weeks.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Do you think this is everyone that’s pending with no notifications what date is your deposit and when did they accept? @dfg5133 

@dfg5133 @It states “no tax return found, “return not present for this account. I would upload the paper but it has far more of my information on it and it shows that I received the pandemic refunds. The irs has no recollection of a return being filed for my social. For all of you who want to know more information go on the irs website go to my account create an account. They will ask you for verification such had the last 8 digits of a credit card you own and click on transcript. It will ask you what reason just click other and leave the box for the ID blank. Click continue then it will say “record transcript “ mines says N/A. Record of account transcript mines also says N/A for 2020. Account transcript that just shows my pandemic payments. With no recollection of my taxes being filled. And wage and income transcript which I posted what it says.  At least I’m trying to give some of yawll updates more then turbo tax has done or is doing. It’s turbo tax and their software and that’s all to it. They need to take some responsibility and help these people as well as myself get answers that is why we are here. For answers!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

What does not show up? We are all waiting with Pending and it is not clear if TT even filed the returns. It's a complete mess.

So can we just file our taxes with another service since technically they have NOT been transmitted or filed ? I’m afraid to do that and then TT come behind me and actually send our’s on thru. This is a mess and it’s unfathomable that TT and Intuit have taken no responsibility or even bothered to fix this. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies