Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is my return still pending?

@eaglebrook  I've been waiting since the 02/03

@Nita95 Yikes! You won!

@eaglebrook LOL So have you talked to a Rep today or got an email about what's wrong? 

15 minutes after I posted a reply I got the acceptance email and text for State. So hopefully all the calls and emails put focus on whatever the issue is and got the ball moving for all filers.

@Nita95 I called TurboTax support, but couldn't reach any Rep (live person). I only got a robot telling me my return is pending. I didn't get any email from TurboTax, just silence. I've been using Turbo for more than a decade. I've never experienced any problem, and I recommended many of my friends and family use TurboTax. Now I feel really bad...

@Bullet1008  Congratulations! My federal return is still pending!

@Bullet1008   Congrats! I'm hoping I'll be next

@eaglebrook  This is a mess I've been using them for years as well and this isn't making any sense to me at all!!

GabiU
Level 15

Yes, 48 hours pertains to Wednesday, Feb 17th 10p PT. 
If you don't have an email from us and your return is still pending by 10p PT on Friday the 19th of February, please comment below. 

We understand these are stressful times and appreciate your patience. 
If you receive an "accepted" email in the next few days, we'd love to see that, so please report back. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I need further assistance. I did not receive the email. 

CA state return finally accepted this evening after Turbotax fixed the state issue. There is hope at the end of the tunnel fellow TT user's...hang in there!

Lesson learned tho...DO NOT EVER FILE TAXES EARLY! I've always waited a week or so to file with turbo tax....10+ years never an issue. The first year I decided to file early and get this issue. Let Turbo Tax work out the bugs and make sure the software is up to date before filing taxes is what I learned. 

Congrats! Glad your’s is resolved. Hopefully the rest of us will follow suit soon. 

Same situation. CA e-File rejected ( so much for that $20), Turbo Tax says pending. Hurry up and fix the bug!

mia8507

Your explanation makes zero sense since I sat on the phone with THREE separate people with Turbotax today and got three very different answers than that. I first got a phone call saying my federal return was rejected and to log into my account to fix and resubmit. I log in and it doesn't give that option, it just says pending. I waited another day, but then got an email stating, again, that my return had been rejected and log in to fix the issue and resubmit. I log in and still nothing. I call and the first guy says that its obviously a security issue and tranfers my call. The second lady says it looks weird but it has been sent but the IRS hasn't looked at it yet. Still feeling it in my gut that somewhere in Turbotax land that there is an issue, I press the matter (seeing as though I am a newly single mother of three and need this return ASAP). She transfers me to another line, which I had to be called back on since the wait was so long. I got my call and had an in depth conversation on how weird my federal was. My dates and times don't say the same as it does on their side, the amount of the return changed (even though we never changed any of my numbers or answers), and got the run around even more. She was lovely on the phone, but three different answers and then this post? I mean come on. Three out of the last four years I have had issues now with Turbotax. Last year, I didn't even get my return until NOVEMBER! So what is it? privacy issues, IRS issues, or Turbotax is incompetent?  

mia8507

oh yes and I forgot to mention that the one year out of four I didn't have an issue, I was using a different tax prep website.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies