turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is my return still pending?

Hi Gabi: Pursuant to this post, my NY return was rejected because of a problem with the TT software. I updated TT, and refiled. But I notice that NY Itemized deductions for excess educator expenses still transfers to the NY return without supporting details, as are present in the Federal return.  Is there still a bug in the software, perhaps causing my return to get rejected again?

Please advise as to my next steps?

Update: after updating TT and refilling, NY accepted it the next day. This was a known bug, fixed in the update on 2/18. If you filed and got rejected by NY, just get the latest updates and review the deductions and refile. This was  a known issue with itemized business expenses not getting from the Federal to the State. It’s now fixed.

Mines still pending 

Mine is as well. I’ve also not received any email from TT yet. I contacted the office of the President Wednesday afternoon. 

flascha
Returning Member

Greetings GabiU,

I e-filed my 2019 Return ~ July 13,  Now in February 2021, I got an IRS notice that it never was filed.  Turbo tax says it was kicked back in July 13,  2020.  I did not notice the email.

Now Feb 2021 & Turbotax closed Re- E-filing in October 2020.   So the best I can do immediately as instructed is to print out the return and mail it in NOW in February 2021.   

I filled out the 15103 Form 1040 Delinquency Form and Send it to IRS Austin with the 1040 Form from 2019 attached and send it to IRS Austin,  & my whole Federal Tax to IRS Sacramento with the same Explanation and Documentation.

Action for me:   Wait and See.

Questions for Turbotax:   What else I need to do over Turbotax for 2019?  

Can I still file an amended return electronically over TurboTax?  Doesn't the IRS say the vendor /e filer can do it for up to 2 years?  If needed why not through TurboTax.?

Action Request: If possible documentation that I E-filed through Turbotax 2019 on July 13, 2021

(but bungled through technical  &  electronic  miscommunications, which may have to do with the pending status)

Kind Regards, from Los Angeles, Ca

Stephan, from Los Angeles

P.S.  History of suport.

Support: at the IRS after being on hold for 1 hour it hung up.

Turbotax: s/w someone if I could file it electronically, she sends a link how to file an amended return, yet I still have to print it out and mail it... don't know if the amended return for 2019 could have been filed electronically. .... anyway I could reproduce the procedure in Turbotax.  So I am mailing it now and see if the IRS will cash my check for $2500 for 2019 tax in Sacramento. 

retirednow
Returning Member

My federal ( NO STATE Required) is also pennding 5 days now and when I check the IRX web site I get

"We cannot provide any information about your refund. Be sure to:

• verify your filing date;
  • check with your tax preparer or tax software provider; or
  • verify you received your electronically filed acknowledgement e-mail."

So I am here checking with the Tubo Tax ?  What gives and how can we try to resubmit

Well, my returns still show pending after 8 days and there is no email from TT that says it has been filed or that additional steps need to be taken.

In the exact same camp here. Fed, CA and IN instantly accepted. NY took 2 days then rejected for some “itemized” error. Now refiled and hoping for the best, still nothing yet.

Hi GabiU, 

I e-filed Federal and 2 states(DC and VA) returns on 16Feb 7:20 PM (EST). And Federal and VA returns were accepted but DC returns are still pending (passed more than 60hrs after filed). Am I supposed to receive an email from TurboTax saying either "accepted" or "rejected" by now?

You haven’t received a rejected or accepted because it has not be transmitted. The turbo tax website says it is by default but it’s not been submitted for transmitting. Mines says the same thing and I went into my irs my account and it says they haven’t received anything. Anything before the open date is on hold I feel and in order to justify it they send this bogus post that says if you are still processing it’s been rejected or flagged but yet we didn’t get a rejected email. Make it make sense. And they cannot make any corrections until the irs rejects it. I filed feb 8th as of today I’m still pending both state and federal. Never had an issue until I filed with turbo this year. Previous years used another tax site and filed early and once returns were Being excepted I was accepted no issue. Decided to give turbo tax a try this year and this is where I’m at with it. Watch when most of these early returns are accepted  they come up with some bogus reason as to why they got accepted after being in pending for so long. I will not be filing with turbo next year I’ll stick to what I know

About 3 years ago, I got rejected using turbo tax and had to mail in my return with no way of correcting it to e-file again. I come here every year just to help if I can. Honestly, I would seek a refund from turbo tax because if the return gets rejected you'll have to resubmit it anyway. I don't file with turbo tax anymore for 3 years now. I tried 1 time years ago and that was it. Hopefully they get things squared away. My taxes cost under $20 to file for both federal and state and I'll stick with that forever.

I’m needing the further assistance please. My return is still stuck in pending status due to this glitch.

Well my CA return was Pending, now Rejected, and I had to fix an error ( after updating TT Premier for Mac OS X ).  

The error was "Foreign Tax Credit" had to have a setting - "Paid" or "Accrued"". I just guessed and said "Paid". All this stuff comes from electronic import from Betterment so pretty much it's all greek to me.

Submitted again, let's see!

Check it now - it might show as rejected, and you can fix the errors

@Moore256 I filed *after* Feb. 12, 2021. It (my fed tax return) was still pending after more than 48 hours! I agree with you (Moore256), the excuse "filing before IRS accepted it" TurboTax gave for the pending is bogus.

Agree. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies